ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram stuck in single channel.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram stuck in single channel.
    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:41pm
can you open a new topic
and state the exact motherboard/cpu and ram speed and model

we can help you better with this info
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
AINTPULNOUT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AINTPULNOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 8:05pm
Did you ever sort the problem out I'm having the same issue pins seem fine the slots work with the same ram and different ones I even changed my cpu can't seem to find anything my bios does not have xmp either
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 3:39am
Originally posted by TJefFreeze TJefFreeze wrote:

I will be posting results tomorrow I spent the entire day doing what Asrock suggested but it was same ole same ole . I will give this a shot after work today

Did it run Dual Channel when doing as I suggested, using only two sticks, in slots A2 and B2?

If it did not, before you RMA to only have the same problem, pull the processor and look for bent/missing pins. This is very common with AMD when acting as you describe .
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 1:28am
Have you tried dropping your memory speed down to 1866 and working your way up? Looking at the product webpage for your board it supports from 1866 up to 2400 if ure using all 4 slots. I know flarex is supposed to be 100% ryzen compatible but still worth a shot.
TJefFreeze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJefFreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:44am
Board is just crap. Not even going to bother with rma. Moving on to a gigabyte board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJefFreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:47pm
I will be posting results tomorrow I spent the entire day doing what Asrock suggested but it was same ole same ole . I will give this a shot after work today
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

Asrock Killer SLI/ac
32 gigs gskill flare x 2400
Ryzen 1700
Windows 10 home 64bit...

Please anyone...

Ok I have ruled out any bad dim slots all of them work with ANY of the ram sticks installed. Either single or in a two stick set up. With two sticks installed it runs dual channel no problem in either a1 b1 setup or a2 b2 setup with any of the four sticks working with each other in all combinations. I have reflashed the bios with one two and 4 sticks installed. I have reseated a thousand times. So at this point I know that all four sticks work great and fine with each other. I know that all of my dim slot work fine etc. Yet when I have all four of my sticks installed I am stuck in single channel and when I look in my bios it says it sees all four sticks and they are running fine but single channel. Windows says I have all 32 gigs installed but can only use 16.... I am completely at a loss of what to do.....

Hello TJefFreeze,

I also run 4 sticks of DDR4 memory. I read through the thread so far and I didn't see a reference to 's/n(serial number) sequence'. I purchased a QAUD channel set. Therefore each memory stick has a serial number from SN#...xxxxx01, ...xxxxx02, ...xxxxx03, ...xxxxx04(just pretend it is this sequence). The memory stick that ends in '01'(or whatever your lowest range stick is, place that in Channel A, Slot 2. The memory stick that ends in '02', place that in Channel B, Slot 2. Then the final two in Channel A/Slot 1 and in Channel B/Slot 1, perspectively('03 and 04' SN#'s).

Attempt this and it may correct your situation. If you purchased 2 separate dual channel kits, find out the SN#'s and use the lowest ranged in the A2/B2 and the higher ranged in the A1/B1 channel/slots.

Hope it helps, otherwise it is a separate issue that is causing your configuration dilemma.

To add to Kevins excellent post.

Note: DO NOT alter anything in the BIOS. Not setting/using XMP, no voltages, no speed,l nothing. This is for troubleshooting that I ask this.

Place two consecutively S/N'd sticks in A2 and B2, clear the CMOS(not BIOS but CMOS), reboot and do the Reset to UEFI Defaults TWICE.

It should start, don't let it enter the OS unless you know the BIOS defaults suit your need/purpose.

Power down and place the other two consecutively S/N'd sticks in A1 and B1 and hopefully power up.

Please reply back to Kevin and myself please.

Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:56am

Asrock Killer SLI/ac
32 gigs gskill flare x 2400
Ryzen 1700
Windows 10 home 64bit...

Please anyone...

Ok I have ruled out any bad dim slots all of them work with ANY of the ram sticks installed. Either single or in a two stick set up. With two sticks installed it runs dual channel no problem in either a1 b1 setup or a2 b2 setup with any of the four sticks working with each other in all combinations. I have reflashed the bios with one two and 4 sticks installed. I have reseated a thousand times. So at this point I know that all four sticks work great and fine with each other. I know that all of my dim slot work fine etc. Yet when I have all four of my sticks installed I am stuck in single channel and when I look in my bios it says it sees all four sticks and they are running fine but single channel. Windows says I have all 32 gigs installed but can only use 16.... I am completely at a loss of what to do.....

Hello TJefFreeze,

I also run 4 sticks of DDR4 memory. I read through the thread so far and I didn't see a reference to 's/n(serial number) sequence'. I purchased a QAUD channel set. Therefore each memory stick has a serial number from SN#...xxxxx01, ...xxxxx02, ...xxxxx03, ...xxxxx04(just pretend it is this sequence). The memory stick that ends in '01'(or whatever your lowest range stick is, place that in Channel A, Slot 2. The memory stick that ends in '02', place that in Channel B, Slot 2. Then the final two in Channel A/Slot 1 and in Channel B/Slot 1, respectively('03 and 04' SN#'s).

Attempt this and it may correct your situation. If you purchased 2 separate dual channel kits, find out the SN#'s and use the lowest ranged in the A2/B2 and the higher ranged in the A1/B1 channel/slots.

Hope it helps, otherwise it is a separate issue that is causing your configuration dilemma.

Edited by Kevin A - 07 Jun 2017 at 2:04pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJefFreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:54pm
Thanks. I am convinced it's a bios issue. All of my hardware is in perfect condition. I have been in contact with Asrock and they have given me a set of steps that they think will fix the issue. I am trying it today and will post the steps here if it works
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 3:44pm
Hey there, I think we are facing more or less the same problem, probably it won't help but thats the topic I opened a few weeks ago: 

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp%3FTID=5053&KW=&title=bios-no-detecting-dualchannel-memory%20

After some testing they told me that it was caused because CPU pins are bended but i checked and they are alright so the problem its due to malfunction or a bios issue.

Edited by pedre - 06 Jun 2017 at 3:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic