ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

What method are you using to update the UEFI?

It shouldn't matter what method so long as it didn't brick along the way.

It either completes or it doesn't.
T3chHippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 2:05am
I've loaded defaults before updating the BIOS both times, when I updated to 2.4 AND when I updated to 2.5. I'll try it again but I already flashed 2.5 twice. 

I don't use the "V-core offset", I set my voltage and frequency manually. 

And I update via USB and instant flash. 
If I say I know what I'm doing, will you believe me?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 5:40am
Hippie, I'm puzzled.

Can you give me a screenshot of the Main BIOS page please.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 9:55am
You and me both dog. 
Heres just the main page

And some other pages as well
http://imgur.com/a/X2wd4

Totally bewildered. At first I just didn't think this board had LLC settings, but then people were like, yeah it does, and provided pics. So I'm lost. 

I liked this board, and the M.2 Wifi/Bluetooth chip is dope and it just looks awesome, has plenty of connectors and stuff, but I'm starting to wonder if I shoulda just gotten the Gigabyte K5 instead.. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:47am

I've had LLC options for VCore and SOC voltage for quite a while with my X370 Killer SLI/ac board. At least with the last three UEFI versions.

Granted, those two options are not shown with Auto/default UEFI settings in OC Tweaker, but it does not take much for them to be shown.

All I do is change CPU VCore Voltage from Auto to Offset or Fixed, and the CPU Load-Line Calibration option immediately appears. The same is true for the VDDCR_SOC Voltage option:

I'm not aware of another option setting in OC Tweaker that causes either of the LLC options not appear. All I can see of your CPU Vcore Voltage setting is that it seems to be in Offset mode, since I can see the Offset Voltage value shown below it, otherwise it is not included in your screenshot.

What method are you using to update the UEFI? I only use Instant Flash. I'll also add that I've never flashed the UEFI using default UEFI settings, and have never had a problem.

Are you SURE it's the Sli/ac and not just the Killer Sli? And did you get it from Newegg?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by T3chHippie T3chHippie wrote:

Are you SURE it's the Sli/ac and not just the Killer Sli? And did you get it from Newegg?

I need to ask you, post a pic of the silkscreened product naming on your MB Hippie.

We Mods get our board direct from ASRock, shipped to us from overseas.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:21pm

Yes, I am quite sure I have an X370 Killer SLI/ac board. I have the WiFi module included with the board. As said above, I did not get mine from Newegg.

Your screenshot of the Voltage Configuration section is weird. For example, mine:

You know the following, but I'll review. Note my screenshot has a CPU Vcore Voltage option, while yours is Vcore Offset Voltage. If I select Offset as the CPU Vcore Voltage option, I get this:

How you have Vcore Offset Voltage as an option name is the weird thing, as you know. There should be no difference between the X370 Killer SLI and X370 Killer SLI/ac UEFI versions, plus you should not be able to flash the SLI/ac board to the SLI's UEFI, IF that made a difference.

Please try this: go into the UEFI, Exit screen, and click the Load UEFI defaults option. First, save your current UEFI settings is a profile on the OC Tweaker screen. After clicking Load UEFI Defaults, Save and Exit the UEFI, don't skip that step, and then go right back into the UEFI and see what you now have on the OC Tweaker screen in the Voltage Configuration section.

EDIT: Just noticed something in your screenshot. Do you have a Sapphire video card?

Edited by parsec - 11 Jun 2017 at 11:24pm
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:11am
i think thats the three options
auto
fixed
offset

does llc only show on one of the options ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 2:32am

Yes, I am quite sure I have an X370 Killer SLI/ac board. I have the WiFi module included with the board. As said above, I did not get mine from Newegg.

Your screenshot of the Voltage Configuration section is weird. For example, mine:

You know the following, but I'll review. Note my screenshot has a CPU Vcore Voltage option, while yours is Vcore Offset Voltage. If I select Offset as the CPU Vcore Voltage option, I get this:

How you have Vcore Offset Voltage as an option name is the weird thing, as you know. There should be no difference between the X370 Killer SLI and X370 Killer SLI/ac UEFI versions, plus you should not be able to flash the SLI/ac board to the SLI's UEFI, IF that made a difference.

Please try this: go into the UEFI, Exit screen, and click the Load UEFI defaults option. First, save your current UEFI settings is a profile on the OC Tweaker screen. After clicking Load UEFI Defaults, Save and Exit the UEFI, don't skip that step, and then go right back into the UEFI and see what you now have on the OC Tweaker screen in the Voltage Configuration section.

EDIT: Just noticed something in your screenshot. Do you have a Sapphire video card?

Yes, I have a Nitro+ 470 8Gb card. 

I've loaded defaults and rebooted plenty of times, and done it before and after flashing the new bios' (which I flashed each at least twice) 

You DIDN'T get yours from Newegg? Then that's likely my problem because I DID and mines a "Newegg Exclusive" so I'm wondering if maybe it's a different board or something....

Dog, here's my boards silkscreen, I think this is the one you wanted?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:39am

You DIDN'T get yours from Newegg? Then that's likely my problem because I DID and mines a "Newegg Exclusive" so I'm wondering if maybe it's a different board or something....

The NewEgg Exclusive was that they had the "privilege' of offering the SLI/ac first. We have the same boards. They come from overseas as a perk to us Mods.

What's the Date and Size on Disk of the .50 file you're flashing with?

Mine
X370KLA2.50
Dated 06/09/2017 2:35PM
16.777,216 bytes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic