ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi pstate oc bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi pstate oc bug?
    Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:09am
Guys, I got problem to overclock my cpu using pstate method. My cpu is 1700x, mb taichi 2.40 and I can manually oc it to 3.9 stable with 3.6875v. But I don't want it to run 3.9 all the time, so I want to use pstate method to be able to slow it down when idle. The problem is, if I set pstate 0 and 1 identically, my cpu will run at maximum speed and never slow down to pstate2 speed. And if I set pstate0 and pstate1 differently or auto, my cpu will run only at lowest speed (pstate2 speed). I already tried, first to set all settings in oc tweaker to auto (llc 2) then change pstate setting, second set manual overclock but don't change anything (offset set to 0.1875), the problem still exists. Any help would be appreciated.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:27am
Please do not double post your issue in multiple sub forums.
ramonsantana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramonsantana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:08pm
I had the same problem. What i did was make sure cool and quiet is enabled,set only pstaye 0 to 3.9 and make sure pstate 2 is at 2200 and voltage at 88something and the down clocking will work.
Make sure your power plan has the minimum frequency set to 30-40-50% your choice and to check if it is working use Amd Ryzen Master, coretwmp it having trouble showing downclock.
On Ryzen Master the cpus will ocilate on main screen
JohnGilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:39pm
Huff, I finally solved the problem. It is the pstate1. If I set it to auto, the oc will works (up and downclock automatically) . If it's custom, then the cpu will either always run at max speed, or run at strange speed (if the speed differ from pstate 0) and the option "cpu min and max state" in power setting will be gone. Thank you guys for spending your time to help me.
JohnGilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Please do not double post your issue in multiple sub forums.

Sorry about that. I'm new and not sure where to post my problem correctly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic