FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

P67 E4 G3, windows 10 won't boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P67 E4 G3, windows 10 won't boot
    Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by ciredux ciredux wrote:

I ran into an issue where after installing windows 10 the task manager would show that I was using 100% of the cpu regardless what I had running or not running. I saw a blurb suggestsing updating the bios would fix this on the p67 so I upgraded to 2.20 and now I get an error saying Inaccessible Boot Device (I have a Sandisk Extreme Pro (SSD)) so I thought maybe I needed to turn AHCI on, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

I cleared CMOS and that didn't work, and I tried resetting windows 10 to no avail as well. Any suggestions?

That issue is a common one for somewhat older mother boards like a P67.

Yes a BIOS update might be needed to fix this issue, but the issue is so new, those BIOS updates don't exist yet. Blindly updating your BIOS to a version that was created long before Windows 10 existed will not fix this problem.

When was the last time Microsoft offered/performed an update/upgrade from multiple OS versions to another without performing a clean, new installation? How about... never. I'd hate to be a MS support staff member right now, or in the weeks and months to come.

AHCI should be the default SATA mode on a P67 board, and used with SSDs. You could use IDE mode with a SSD, but its performance will be reduced.

Did you check the boot order after the update and BIOS clear? At least one person with your problem fixed it by simply setting the boot order correctly.
rappjc1254 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rappjc1254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:09am
OK so a Windows Reset worked for me. Try it if you're having this problem!
rappjc1254 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rappjc1254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 2:11am
Having the exact same problem here. Tried changing IDE, AHDI, RAID etc to no avail. I'm resetting Windows 10 now but it seems like that didn't work for you. Did you ever find a fix?

Edit: BTW I also have a P67 Extreme4 Gen3 and started having this problem after updating to 2.20. 

Edited by rappjc1254 - 22 Aug 2015 at 2:15am
ciredux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciredux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:20pm
I ran into an issue where after installing windows 10 the task manager would show that I was using 100% of the cpu regardless what I had running or not running. I saw a blurb suggestsing updating the bios would fix this on the p67 so I upgraded to 2.20 and now I get an error saying Inaccessible Boot Device (I have a Sandisk Extreme Pro (SSD)) so I thought maybe I needed to turn AHCI on, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

I cleared CMOS and that didn't work, and I tried resetting windows 10 to no avail as well. Any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic