ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Ab350 K4 Fatality UEFI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 3:12am
So do you think that is good idea to Format my SSD, and Even the HDD that is for backup as GPT+Fat32 using the rufus, to avoid any performance decrease?

But before doing that, should I first, press f9 + clear CMOS, activate my xmp profile to 2.1 which gave me 3200 and my cpu overclock back to 3.7 ghz?

Then proceed to format my SSD, then my hdd etc etc?

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 4:06am
dont rush

first find out why the bios is very slow

as and when thats fixed then move onto speeding up other/later events

as i said in last post disconnet the mouse just to test bios speed (smoothness)

lets find out whats THAT problem before rushing into other things
try clear cmos but dont load any ram xmp settings yet (the increased speed will not show in bios )
but by removing all causes first to check its fixed then doing one thing at a time you will see whats causing the problem

fault finding is simple if you TAKE SMALL STEPS
trying to run before walking always leads to falling over .................
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 5:03am
x58haze, I agree with datonyb!  Make sure your system is running well before doing any kind of performance tuning.  Allow the memory to run at the SPD settings.  I guess I do not fully understand where you are right now.  I assume you have a running W10 system and updated the BIOS to the latest version.  If this is not true, please detail what you have.  Assuming I am right, I do not suggest you reinstall W10.  Just do the Load UEFI defaults, reboot and see if the BIOS "feels" better.  You never want to do a GPT and FAT32.  The Rufus procedure I saw was to create a DOS USB stick for booting and updating the BIOS using DOS before the Instant Flash was coded in the BIOS.  The USB stick for the Instant Flash BIOS update also needs to be FAT32, but DOS is not needed.  GPT and MBR are the character of the disk not the file system installed.  In most cases you want the NTFS file system.  W10 installation will format the partition you plan to install on to NTFS.  When you get this all sorted out and want to reinstall W10, then you can convert them to GPT (a newer and better disk) but the conversion will erase all the data on the disk.  Enjoy, John.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 5:17am
I'm so disappointed of me, actually it seems that my SSD is using already the GPT when checking through device manager, but the HDD which is for backup is MBR

Windows 10 is fully updated is the version LTSB enterprise N 1607 it has security cumulative update the latest one, it has dynamic updates, everything

The bios itself are on latest too agesa 1.006, but datonyb wants me to disconnect the mouse to test my bios smooth, but how thats possible, if keyboard is not that lag in the bios but still, and but yeah ill try disconnecting mouse to see if the keyboard become more smooth. but this still to me not an option, because this motherboard has 20 days with me

But okay ill try to put everything again default, which i have do tons of time and it seems not to help.... but i will :s

Edited by x58haze - 15 Jun 2017 at 5:19am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 5:41am
OK, thanks, x58haze.  I have not tried it but I think you can navigate the BIOS via the KB, perhaps that is what datonyb wants to see.  It is not really necessary to convert your disks to GPT.  If they don't need formatting, I would not bother.  My one hard disk remains MBR.
I researched "Clear CMOS" vs "Load Defaults"  and it seems clear cmos does a little more than load defaults.  It is just easier to do load defaults - no moving jumper.  Hopefully an ASRock expert will tell us if these boards work differently.  Can you post the hash codes for the BIOS file you installed?  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I meant to ask about your KB/Mouse - wireless/wired?

Edited by MisterJ - 15 Jun 2017 at 7:22am
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 9:14am
Well guys today has been a long, long day, I ended up by testing a lot of things

First Off, I disconnected my pc from a power cord, and connect directly to the wall's outlets then, I open my case, take apart the cover and then, I start to disconnect things like: HDD, DVD/CD reader and by testing separated things, but the symptoms did continued, after I decide to

Disconnect from my PSU those cables that are for SATA and case fans, also i disconnected the SSD cable too

And I let just connected the GPU cable to supply my GTX 580. Then I test my GTX on both PCIE EXPRESS PORT of my Asrock ab350, and the symptoms continued, the same mouse lag cursor etc etc.

Also I disconnected USB cables in the motherboard (the only that brings with my v9 case for front panel USB which are 2 usb port), also I disconnected the HD audio cable. So at the end I ended up with only the POWER/RESET/HD LED cables, and the rest was 8 pin processor cable connected, the cpu fan cooler connected, the 24 pins of course, and nothing more else, and I boot to bios, and yeah my rear panel all usb were funtionally, and i tested each usb with my both mouse and keyboard, and sadly the problem persist u.u

So i guess is not the power supply, neither the SSD, or HDD, or DVD/reader because they were unplugged, and the power supply just was supplying the gpu and the others cables mentioned early

And then I was checking the motherboard closely everything there. I ensure to have everything seat/connected well, also i reset THE CMOS, i did too take off and put back the Lithium battery, I swap my memories, tested with one module memory, with the 2 two memory itself, then I disconnected and connect the 24 pins connectors etc,etc. The only thing that I didn't wanted to do was: to RESET the Cpu chipset... because i don't have thermal paste to put it back, so I decide to not to reset my cpu... when I say reset, is to take off the cpu chipset wait for couple seconds and put it back, then cleaning with alcohol and blah blah, but i didn't that part.. because as I say I don't have thermal paste... so i don't want to mess temperatures..

Also I did check for every cable there, but so far everything was good plug, and in good conditions

The only thing that calls my attention was the 24 pin psu connector
Look:
But i really don't think this is a problem because if you check the pictures, it seems like there never was a cable in that dead pin etc, like it was manufactured in that way, this is a Thermal Take ToughPower XT 775 bronce80+

x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 10:40am
Bum plz!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 12:46am
well i just went and checked two spare power supplies
one has a empty blank connector same as yours
the other one has a white coloured cable there
(i think its safe to assume its un-needed/spare)
so where are we now ?
you have disconnected about everything you can to rule out problems
which leaves us with very few suspects
in no order of how likely
iut can only leave the problem as either
mainboard/cpu/ram brand

did i miss anything out guys ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 1:11am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

did i miss anything out guys ?

That "spare' hole is vacant as newer MB's don't use that pin 20 -5.0v voltage anymore.

OP, what are your temps running while in the BIOS?

Dayton, know where I'm going by asking that?

Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:03am
I also have a K4 gaming and my cursor is extremely slow in the bios as well but if you use the tab and arrow keys to navigate around I think ull notice its not laggy at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic