ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error 53 with EP2C612 WS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelPlaengsken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error 53 with EP2C612 WS
    Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:07am
Hi
I just installed all components into the new machine, but Dr. Debug shows me a "53" on the board together with 3 slow beeps ... beeeeep-beeeeep-beeeep....... beeeeep-beeeeep-beeeep.......

I installed 64 GB of Ram 4x16 in slot A1 to D1. 
It is Kingston: KVR21R15D4K4/64 

I have 2 CPUs installed: E6-2630V4

I already tried several configurations, with 1 Chip in A1 with 2 in A1 and B1, with one in A1 and E1... still error 53.
Can you help me?

Thanks in advance
Michael
alanine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 3:12pm
I was having exactly the same problem, error 53, tried different sets of RAMs, no luck.

I'm looking for ways to clear CMOS, the damn manual doesn't even indicate where the jump is!

I tried taken out the battery, now I'm left with a board that won't even boot at all. Help please!

MichaelPlaengsken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelPlaengsken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:03pm
Ok, hence I have to build 5 Workstations, I have 4 other mainboards of that Type.
I completely removed the installed one with the 2 CPUs and started from scratch.
- New Board (still EP2C612 WS)
- One CPU this time (still E5 2630v4)
- only one Memory chip (I tested 6 different, from 2 different sets, Kingston: KVR21R15D4K4/64 )

Still get the error and nothing shows up on the screen. IMO the Memory ist simply not compatible.
I made a video:
https://goo.gl/photos/VofSGnopmspSZ33W7

I would appretiate to get an official comment on that, even it is just the confirmation, that my Ram ist not working in general.

Thank you
Michael
wtuppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtuppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:19pm
If you look at page 14 of the board manual, there is a picture, how the CPU, Memory and Chipset is connected together.

I would start with one CPU (in CPU1) and one memory in slot A1.

in contrast to the manual I would suspect, that CPU2 would need memory in one of the slots E1-H1, as these slots are bound to CPU2 (and every CPU needs it´s own memory). But you already tried this.
The manual looks like, that for a 2 CPU setup, you need 8 memory modules.

your memory is listed on the QVL (single module version of it).
I assume, that your CPU is really a E5-2630V4 (not E6). In the CPU Support List only the v3 of your processor version is listed, not the v4. Only a few Broadwell-EP XEON processors are listed as compatible (starting from E5-2650 upwards).

ASRock H170 Pro4/Windows 7
wtuppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtuppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:36pm
it may be possible due to unsupported CPU, the board may not be able to access the memory (or say better, the memory controller is not known how to enable memory access).

on page 2 of the manual, it´s written, that for v4 processors, BIOS v2.0 or above is required. Maybe your BIOS is too old (in addition to the unsupported CPU). Can you check the board (and BIOS) with a v3 processor?
If you are in luck, probably you have to update BIOS only.

Edited by wtuppa - 25 Jun 2017 at 9:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelPlaengsken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:29pm
Just tried another Ram chip that I found in another Machine here in the company:
http://www.corsair.com/de-de/vengeance-led-64gb-4-x-16gb-ddr4-dram-3200mhz-c16-memory-kit-blue-led-cmu64gx4m4c3200c16b
I get the same effect as before, error 53, no booting, but I doubt this chip is supported.

As a last desperate try, I switched the BeQuiet StraightPower 800 watt, power supply with a DarkPower 750 watt. changed nothing.

don't know what to do anymore.

Michael

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelPlaengsken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by wtuppa wtuppa wrote:

it may be possible due to unsupported CPU, the board may not be able to access the memory (or say better, the memory controller is not known how to enable memory access).

on page 2 of the manual, it´s written, that for v4 processors, BIOS v2.0 or above is required. Maybe your BIOS is too old (in addition to the unsupported CPU). Can you check the board (and BIOS) with a v3 processor?
If you are in luck, probably you have to update BIOS only.

That sounds interesting. My problem here is, that I don't even get to the bios, to update it. I don't even know what version it is. And if I have to install and old CPU first, to update the bios, to uninstall that cpu again, to install the right ones, on five machines ... I kill myself!

I wrote an official support request, let's see.

thanks
Michael
wtuppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtuppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:38pm
you would have to install an v3 CPU on all boards first to update the BIOS (same as boards with old BIOS and Kaby Lake CPUs, you need a Sky Lake CPU first for BIOS update).

if the BIOS chip is replaceable, you can buy new BIOS chips and replace them (at least I have read that here).

Edited by wtuppa - 25 Jun 2017 at 10:40pm
wtuppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtuppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:48pm
completely different idea to bring up your board.

are you able to access the board when powered using IPMI (from the BMC prozessor), but it seems to need enabling in the BIOS first...
if it is enabled already, it should be possible to update the BIOS from IPMI.

Edited by wtuppa - 25 Jun 2017 at 10:53pm
wtuppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtuppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:57pm
other question, did you connect a monitor to the VGA onboard connector?
There is an internal (low end) graphic card in the BMC (also used for IPMI) processor. This is a server board, so usually the monitor is connected to the VGA connector (and not a high end graphic card). Maybe you get an picture there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic