ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 SOC voltage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJT_PPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 SOC voltage
    Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 1:40pm
Does anyone know if ASRock is planning on adding SOC voltage manipulation in the next BIOS? Seeing how this parameter is so important to get a stable memory overclock, I don't see how I can get my RAM to run at its rated speeds without a higher SOC voltage. 

Thank you.
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 5:45pm
I doubt it, it's kind of odd we can just change it in Ryzen Master but not in the UEFI :(
Heyitsaaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heyitsaaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:53pm
I agree. Ryzen master has these option, but not the bios? Lol.
sobekite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sobekite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 10:48pm
Each bios update has given more options, so let's hope. 
R 1400 (@3.8)
AB350M Pro4 (2.50)
MSI RX580 4G
NJT_PPT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJT_PPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 12:55am
I hope so as well. This is my first ASRock board and I'm super happy with it aside from memory OC.
sobekite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sobekite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 1:05am
Same. I've ran into issues overclocking but besides that, it's been a great board for how much I paid. It was retailing $65-69 USD and with micro-center combo it dropped 30 dollars Wink.  

This board is pretty feature rich for the price. I mean 2 m.2 slots? Some of the ATX boards only have 1 Pci-e m.2 slot, but this one gives you both pci-e and sata m.2. 

The growing pains for the memory seems to effect almost all brands, so fingers crossed! Hope you get it to work for you.
R 1400 (@3.8)
AB350M Pro4 (2.50)
MSI RX580 4G
danielcepa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielcepa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:07am
Hey guys
I have the AB350 Pro4 and am mostly satisfied with it
There are two ways of messing with the SOC voltage on this board (for now):

1. Ryzen Master - not ideal, but it works
2. If you overclock the RAM manually (i set my 32GB Corsair LPX from 2400 to 2933 @1.30V) from Advanced UEFI menu - AMD CBS; the board wil automatically overclock the SOC to a fixed 1.087-ish voltage for stability.

So the board is 100% capable of said voltage adjustment, and not having a setting in the bios is kind of user hostile to push the more expensive X370 boards over the "budget" B350 ones.

Hopefully the next uefi update will include the SOC voltage.

Cheers !

Edited by danielcepa - 29 Jun 2017 at 4:22am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:53am
Originally posted by danielcepa danielcepa wrote:

2. If you overclock the RAM manually (i set my 32GB Corsair LPX from 2400 to 2933 @1.30V) from Advanced UEFI menu - AMD CBS; the board wil automatically overclocked the SOC to a fixed 1.087-ish voltage for stability.

This is a result of OC'ing the memory. Ryzen does this automatically when OC'ing either processor and or memory.
danielcepa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielcepa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:10am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

2. If you overclock the RAM manually (i set my 32GB Corsair LPX from 2400 to 2933 @1.30V) from Advanced UEFI menu - AMD CBS; the board wil automatically overclocked the SOC to a fixed 1.087-ish voltage for stability.

This is a result of OC'ing the memory. Ryzen does this automatically when OC'ing either processor and or memory.

Figured that much out, but this behaviour is not obvious in any way :)
BTW. CPU is at stock settings.

Edited by danielcepa - 29 Jun 2017 at 4:13am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:33am

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Figured that much out, but this behaviour is not obvious in any way :)
BTW. CPU is at stock settings.

No. It's not obvious. That's why I piped in, to say so for those that weren't aware it does this.

In AMD CBS(forget which heading below it) do you have the option to set SoC voltage? There are some settings there that aren't available through the BIOS. Heck, you can just as easily OC the board from within it. I don't have a clue what this board has available under AMD CBS.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic