ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No POST after Bios update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:23am
This is Steam related. I'm 99.99% sure.

Have you posted this in the Steam forums? It could be something as simple/stupid as the graphics driver rev you're using.

Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:20am
I tried installing and playing a non-Steam game (Overwatch) to confirm if the issue only happens with Steam games.

Right after launching the game I got "Your rendering device has been lost" error and the game closed. Restarted and tried again, got the same error after a few minutes.

Edited by Jokro - 06 Jul 2017 at 4:23am
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:37pm
alot of people are having that error with overwatch...Any other games you might test it with? Im leaning toward a faulty gpu myself, wish you had an old one to swap in to test with...maybe a friend has one?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

alot of people are having that error with overwatch...Any other games you might test it with? Im leaning toward a faulty gpu myself, wish you had an old one to swap in to test with...maybe a friend has one?

In Googling his last post, error "Your rendering device has been lost", that seems to be related to GPU overheating issues.

I saw one screen that was nothing but vertical tears onscreen, which Jocro hasn't mentioned.

Most say to lower res and bump till hitting this again, some say to close the Blizzard app after game launch, and a reg hack that works for some and not others.

I'm glad I don't game.

Edited by wardog - 06 Jul 2017 at 2:50pm
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:23am
Think it would over heat the GPU on program launch tho? I mean I guess if its already running hot, the game startup could put it over the top. Maybe take the side panel off and box fan it and see what happens?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

Think it would over heat the GPU on program launch tho? I mean I guess if its already running hot, the game startup could put it over the top. Maybe take the side panel off and box fan it and see what happens?

I experienced that screen above. Once.

The heatsink on a now not rememberd GPU was hanging there by 1 of the 4 push-pins meant to secure it.
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:25pm
I havent had anything that bad but my XFX rx480 GTR did heat up rather bad causing the fan to screaaaammmm after gaming for a bit til I took it apart and saw the horrible TIM job that was done at the factory...replaced it with mx4 and now I hardly hear the fans kick on at all.

Edited by Jm62383 - 07 Jul 2017 at 12:26pm
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:03am
Tried a different PCI-e slot, didn't do anything, exactly same problems.

I managed to borrow a GTX 1050, which works solely on motherboard power and doesn't require additional power cable. But after installing it, I can't get my build to POST again.

I put the 1060 back in and removed display drivers with DDU, then tried the 1050 again with no luck. I'm currently resetting CMOS if that could help.

Does my motherboard even support onboard power GPUs?

Edited by Jokro - 09 Jul 2017 at 1:04am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Jokro Jokro wrote:

Does my motherboard even support onboard power GPUs?

That's a silly question.

Of course.
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:30am
CMOS reset didn't help, and now that I'm taking a closer look the fans on the 1050 aren't even spinning, so it must not be getting power.

I looked through the BIOS but didn't find any settings related to PCI-e slot power.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic