ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AXTU Not working in Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myzopoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 4:59pm
No. it's extremely frustrating. I'm currently having to uninstall it, clean the registry of references to it, reboot, then reinstall. Just to keep the program working for a day or two. Can't someone at ASRock look into this?
trundle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trundle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:04am
I'm also having the same problem with the asrock tuning utility. It doesn't work on startup, but when i restart my pc the program is working normally. Reinstalling the software didn't work for me. I'm running a Windows 10 64 bit PC.

I'm using the tuning utility because controlling the fan speed via bios/uefi doesn't work for me either. Has anyone a solution for that, (too)? 
I have a Z77 Extreme4-M mainboard with the latest firmware (vers. 1.80) and a corsair carbide 200r series case which came with two fans already installed. If you need any detailed information on my system, please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hope Asrock is fixing the problem.
jezol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 8:20pm
Simple solution :
run regedit
find ( CNTR -f) AXTU
remove it
restart
AXTU run - works
if it stop again - repeat
For me, it do not need to do it often

Edited by jezol - 13 Dec 2015 at 8:24pm
ictnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ictnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 6:19am
Have the same issue. 

I found out if you right click on utility tool and choose exit before shutting down your computer , axtu will work after reboot. 
if you listen carefully when shutting down while not exiting axtu first you will probably hear a ping (windows error notification) a second before pc powers down
axtuwin10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axtuwin10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 2:37pm
The solution works for me..

I got the Installer from the AsRock site
The latest I could find was version 0.1.434
I found it under the Windows 8 64 bit section of my motherboard(a75m-dgs) download page

Change the install folder to
C:\Program Files...
instead of
C:\Program Files(x86)

Run the AXTU executable

Make sure to tick the option 'Auto run when windows starts'

Thanks to support team, I hope you can update the look to match windows 10
IgorHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IgorHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 11:05pm
OK,

AX-TU WORKS JUST FINE AND WITH NO ERROR, EVEN ON STARTUP!

There is problem with f*** windows 10, solution is just INSTALL FRESH WINDOWS 10 and it will bi fine.

Past 5 month's I had problems with AX-TU just like you (after win 8.1 update to win 10) and I was try almost all possible solution's but nothing work, and I have fresh win 10 and ....

ht7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ht7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:27pm
Hi, I have the same problem with H67DE3, INF driver ver:10.1.1.8, and ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU) ver:0.1.434.

Yesterday, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything looked fine but after a reboot, AXTU didn't work saying "This utility is not for this platform!" with title "Error 0xFFFE". I installed the stated INF and reinstalled AXTU (to "C:\Program Files" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)") but this didn't solve the issue.
Beatb0x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatb0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:29pm
The dreaded AXTU Error: 0xFFFE This utility is not for this platform can simply be fixed by setting the power plan back to normal and rebooting.

Since i've set
Control Panel - Preferred Plan - back to "High performance" and rebooted the error is gone.

silvericon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote silvericon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 12:56am
a version of axtu that supports windows 10

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win10

3/9/2016     Windows® 10
8.03MB     ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility ver:0.1.434
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic