ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tons of Dr. Debug Errors, won't boot (x370 taichi)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tons of Dr. Debug Errors, won't boot (x370 taichi)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zach8870 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tons of Dr. Debug Errors, won't boot (x370 taichi)
    Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 1:00am
I just built my first pc yesterday and when i turned it on it just gave me a million dr debug errors so fast that I can't even read them. Everything is seated and connected properly and I don't know what's going on. Literally everything turns on but does nothing. The GPU fans start spinning and then stop after the error codes.

Specs:
X370 Taichi
Ryzen 7 1700X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200 (2x8)
Asus strix 1080 ti
EVGA supernova 850 g2

Also when I turn on the monitor there is no input from the GPU so nothing shows up. I've already tried reinstalling the ram, using only one module and trying another pcie slot for the gpu. Nothing works. Please help!

I've also been told this is normal but it clearly isn't since the computer won't even boot to bios.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 1:41am
Most likely those are being thrown due to the ram needing tweaked a pinch.

Seeings it's Cursair, what with them seemingly changing ICs used daily, in order to help I need you to go to the below link and install the Freeware Thaiphoon Burner and post a screen shot of the Read selection, like the below.

Or better yet purchase the Personal version for $16USD. Either way is fine by me. What with the mem issues Ryzen is I've called upon hundreds here to use his program for free in my helping them here.
http://www.softnology.biz/files.html

(Please do NOT say that looks "just' like yours and then not post the sceen cap YOU generated. I need YOURS please.)

Edited by wardog - 08 Jul 2017 at 1:43am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:33am
zach8870, I suspect those are just progress codes, reporting tests being run.  What is the last code shown?  Can you boot into the BIOS?  You report you cannot - what does this mean?  Please have your monitor ON and  your KB ready to go (powered up if wireless) then power on and press F2 repeatedly.  Please post your BIOS version if you can.  BTW, what is Asus strix 1080 ti?  What are you trying to install, from where to where?  Good luck and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

BTW, what is Asus strix 1080 ti?

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-Republic-of-Gamers-Products/
BoneCrusherXes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoneCrusherXes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

zach8870, I suspect those are just progress codes, reporting tests being run.

Its perfectly normal that there are many codes shown, as MisterJ already wrote.
You can see it as a checklist of tests for the board. So if a test passes the next code (for the next test) is shown.
But if a code stays, this is where it gets interesting as this shows where the problem is.

If you could post the error code that is displayed last it would be helpful.

Are you using the correct Dimm Slots for the RAM? A2 + B2 for 2 Modules, and A2 for one Module?
And make sure ram is really seated properly (this has been the cure for quite a few people having post problems in the past).

I know you wrote ist all connected properly, but double or triple checking doesnt hurt.
I would also remove the ATX-Power, ATX12V and Graphics-Power cables and reconnect them.

If all this does not help i would remove hardware not needed for the post, like all drives and addon cards.
ASRock X370 Taichi, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3,9 , Noctua NH-D15
2x16GB G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ @3200 14-13-13-26-42 1T GearDown Enabled
MSI Geforce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
MisterJ and BoneCrusherXes.

Op wrote "The GPU fans start spinning and then stop after the error codes."

I, me, myself, must be reading that differently than you two are.

Unless, unless, the OP didn't wait long enough after it powering down for it to come back to life during memory training.

OP, there are instances, certain BIOS tweaks that it WILL shut off hard and power right back up.

Then there are what I call "soft offs' that happen while memory training is occurring.

BoneCrusherXes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoneCrusherXes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:34pm
I acutally focused more on the "no post" then on the fan spinning as i thought the strix is a card with a "zero fan mode" (the fan is turned on when starting the pc, then turned of unless the GPU reaches a certain temp level).

ASRock X370 Taichi, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3,9 , Noctua NH-D15
2x16GB G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZ @3200 14-13-13-26-42 1T GearDown Enabled
MSI Geforce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by BoneCrusherXes BoneCrusherXes wrote:

I acutally focused more on the "no post" then on the fan spinning as i thought the strix is a card with a "zero fan mode" (the fan is turned on when starting the pc, then turned of unless the GPU reaches a certain temp level).

I love my silent ROG STRIX GTX 1070 OC
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:36am
Actually, even after those "soft offs' the fans on them will roll over some, then stop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic