ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get in BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get in BIOS
    Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:44am
HI
I enable (ultra) fast boot and now I can't get in BIOS
Is there any way to disable fast boot without reset my bios settings ?
My mother board is asrock taichi x370

I don't want to remove my bootable device 
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:57am
Try this:

Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
Select Update and Security.
Click Recovery.
Under Advanced startup, click Restart now. The system will restart and show the Windows 10 boot menu.
Select Troubleshoot.
Choose Advanced options.
Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
Click Restart to restart the system and enter UEFI (BIOS).
kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 2:09pm
Sorry but I can't do that. I'm linux user
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by kalin kalin wrote:

HI
I enable (ultra) fast boot and now I can't get in BIOS
Is there any way to disable fast boot without reset my bios settings ?
My mother board is asrock taichi x370

I don't want to remove my bootable device 

When using the Ultra Fast boot setting of the Fast Boot option, the only way to get into the UEFI/BIOS without clearing it is to use the ASRock Restart to UEFI program.

But since that program is based on a Windows feature, and you aren't using Windows, the only way to get into the UEFI is to clear the UEFI/CMOS, sorry to say.

You can save all your UEFI/BIOS settings by saving them in a profile, with the option to do that in the OC Tweaker screen. You can then restore them with a few clicks by selecting the saved profile.

The Ultra Fast Boot option actually shortens POST time, so the overall startup or "boot time" is reduced. The help text for the Fast Boot option explains that using the Ultra Fast setting will require you to either use the Restart to UEFI program, or clear the UEFI/CMOS to get into the UEFI UI.
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:59pm
Now mind you I know 0 about linux so I used my google university aka google-fu for this but it may be helpful....

Quote On modern Linux distributions using systemd, you can go straight to the Firmware setup menu using:

systemctl reboot --firmware-setup

Edited by Jm62383 - 14 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
ManofGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManofGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 6:13am
I know this is an old thread and chances are, you will not see this post. But, for those who do, this command worked great and got me right into the Asrock UEFI Bios, whether I was using Ultra Fast Boot or not.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic