ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 support info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:52pm
Donde debo dejar mi post?
Mike88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 12:00am
Tengo una build compuesta por ASRock A320m-hdv Ryzen 2400g. La Bios es P5.50.
Reinstale window 10 y me da un error. No toma Sonido. Sólo reproduce a través del HDMI pero co detecta las salidas traseras ni posteriores. Eh actualizado todo el windows y todos los Drivers pero tampoco aparece en Divice Component. Es como si no existieran. Necesito ayuda con respecto a este problema ya que funcionaba bien hasta que actualice Bios. Recalco que en Bios dice
Audio integrado- enable
                  HD activado
Pero en el sistrma no aparece. Y si los agrego como drivers heredados me da error de windows con pantalla azul y reestablece a todo el windows. Necesito que me ayuden a configurar la bios si es que es nesesario. Gracias
ryutenchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryutenchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:31pm
Hi I'm trying to install windows 10 on a brand new system and once I get into the install process it can't see any of my hard drives. At first I thought it was just the nvme drive, so I connected a sata drive, but it wont see that either. I've tried playing with the CSM settings and trying to load the drivers from the included CD,but no luck. I know the drives work in other systems and even in this system using other OSes, but can't get windows install to see either. I'm using the AMD B450 Gaming K4 motherboard. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
TNKeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNKeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:32pm
I just had Comcast install a Gigabit service to my home. I have 2 AsRock B450M Steel Legend builds.

I am unable to get more than 490Mbps (speedtest.xfinity.com 112Mbps on speedtest.net) on either board using multiple Cat6 cables (varies manufactures) even if it is the only device plug directly into the Gigabit Modem.

I have an HP Omen 15, Dell Latitude E7270, and a MacBook Air, that all, when wired, get the Gigabit Speeds 880-1280Mbps on both speedtest.xfinity.com and speedtest.net. Also have an iPhone 10Xs that gets into the 600-700Mbps on the wireless network. So, it being a configuration issue on Comcast's side is pretty unlikely at this point. But to confirm this I had Comcast do further diagnostics and everything seems to be running very well on their end.

In my testing ??

I have reset the Network through Windows 10 Settings and have only reconnected to the onboard LAN using DHCP straight to the Modem and then Static using different Cat6 cables. Same results.

I have upgraded the onboard Realtek Gigabit LAN drivers, first from AsRock, and then straight from Realtek. Same results.

Thinking it was a Service issue ??Though one machine is Windows 10 machine and the other is Windows Server 2016 (running only Hyper-V) ??I have attempted to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Same results directly plugged into the modem using cables that tested at 1 Gig on the three laptops.

I have attempted to use different DNS servers, very little difference in any.

I have ran Ubuntu Live on the same PC and get 1.1Gbps downloads and the same 40-50Mbps upload speeds. (Suggests a Window's Issue)

I have installed an Ubuntu Desktop on the other machine as a VM and get 1.2Gbps on that. (Suggest a Window's OS Throttling issue) But I also have installed Windows 10 Pro on a VM and get the similar results as the Ubuntu.

Testing further through all my VMs, the Windows Server 2019 VMs have the same results as the host, limited speeds to 400-500Mbps.

The biggest difference I can tell in the host and VM?™s compared to the Window 10 Pro OS VM in testing the is that this version of windows is the 1809 while the rest have been updated to the 1903 base version, or whatever the Server Versions equivale to.

So, the issue is ether Windows settings or with the Windows Drivers and MOBO combination with the May Updates conflicts is my thinking. I might be way off on this thought process though.

Any help or suggestion are welcome. Brainstorming and troubleshooting this issue is starting to burn me out.
lastrogue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lastrogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 12:20pm
I am having a similar issue on a ASRock B450 Pro4.

I have an MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING CARBON with gigabit network cards that can get 1.1 Gbps.

While on my B450 I get 250 Mbps.

Your VM comment made me think of a difference between the two. that being that I have VirtuaBox and VMware Workstation installed on the B450.

I'm wondering if the virtual network adapters have anything to do with it. I am going to uninstall VirtualBox first, test, then uninstall VMWare Workstation.

Both systems, MIS and ASRock, are running Windows 10 1903.

After typing that and re-reading your post I'm not sure they are the same problem. But if I find a resolution I'll try and post back here.

lastrogue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lastrogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
None of the un-installing helped. I dug into the network properties and found that my receive and transmit buffers maximums were low compared to my other device that is working with gigabit speeds.

Receive Buffers: 512 (Max)
Transmit Buffers 128 (Max)

I suspect it is primarily just that this is a lower quality NIC, and the advertised gigabit speeds do not have the technical capabilities to backup the marketing. Just a suspicion though.
seanjoe5054 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanjoe5054 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 6:59am
X570 PHANTOM GAMING ITX TB3 with Ryzen 5 3600, After building and installing windows from usb there is no wireless adapter present only ethernet. Any ideas on whats causing my issue?
cwheeldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwheeldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 6:42am
Hi -

I have a PC with the A75M board and have been struggling to update it to Windows 10. I've progressed from trying the free upgrade, which failed for undefined reasons, purchased Win 10 on disk and tried to upgrade it that way, which failed, and finally tried to do a clean install by booting off the Win 10 disk and overwriting the C: drive. Fail, fail, fail.

So now I'm wondering: is it even possible to run Win 10 on the A75M or is it now a boat anchor (since Win7 support has ended)?

Thanks!
Chris
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 7:34pm
@cwheeldon:
If you want to do a "clean" OS installation onto a previously used HDD/SSD, you should delete all existing partitions and create a new target partition for the OS before you start with the installation. It was not a good idea trying to overwrite the previously used C: partition.
By the way: The fastest and safest way to get Win10 properly clean installed is to use an ISO file of the desired OS, to let the tool Rufus create a bootable USB Flash Drive and then to boot off this USB Flash drive. Once the OS Setup asks you where to install the OS, you can let the Setup do what I have written above.
cwheeldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwheeldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 9:54pm
Thanks for the response. So you?™re saying that the install should work with the mobo but my installation method won?™t. If I follow your instructions I should be golden, right? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic