ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 K4 Gaming - turns on and off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 K4 Gaming - turns on and off
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:37am
Hi all,

I bought an all new PC with the AB350 K4 Gaming Motherboard. 

I am experiancing some issues with the booting. When I turn on my PC wire Power Button on the Front panel of my PC my PC sometimes turns on and off multiple times before I can see the ASRock logo.

Any adivse what this issue can cause?

Thanks and regards
DonPC

Edited by DonPC - 24 Jul 2017 at 2:43am
DonPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 5:18am
No Idea what this could be?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 7:28am
Originally posted by DonPC DonPC wrote:

Hi all,

I bought an all new PC with the AB350 K4 Gaming Motherboard. 

I am experiancing some issues with the booting. When I turn on my PC wire Power Button on the Front panel of my PC my PC sometimes turns on and off multiple times before I can see the ASRock logo.

Any adivse what this issue can cause?

Thanks and regards
DonPC

Welcome to the Ryzen platform!

What you are most likely experiencing is a feature that is enabled by default in the UEFI/BIOS. That is the AM4 Advance Boot Training option/feature, found in the OC Tweaker screen.

The purpose of that option is to perform what is called "memory training" on the AM4 platform. It will attempt to tune the memory settings, normally for any memory OC that is applied. Sometimes it will do just what appears to be a "boot loop", where the board restarts itself multiple times without really shutting off. At other times, more rare, it will actually turn the PC on and off a few times instead. That is usually due to a failed memory over clock that cannot be tuned by this feature. Most if not all Ryzen board users have experienced this behavior.

Try setting the AM4 Advance Boot Training option to Disabled, and see if you still have the on and off sequence still happen, usually from a cold start.

There is an option associated with the AM4 Advance Boot Training option, called Retry Count, which might not be on the same screen as the AM4 Advance Boot Training option. That is the number of times the restart or on/off sequence will occur, which is set to three by default. Does three times on and off seem familiar?

This behavior is normally associated with a memory over clock, or memory that is compatible only at lower speeds. Do you have your memory over clocked? What speed do you use for your memory?

Occasionally, the restart or on/off sequence will occur even with stock memory speeds, for reasons that are not known.
DonPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:13am
Hi,

and thanks for ur responds! 

It seems like my PC realy turns on and off 6 times... how come that this issue appears with the XMP Prodil of the memory?

Turning of the setting wouldnt harm my PC?

Thanks!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 5:40am
turning off xmp wont hurt it will just slow down the ram to defualt (usually 2133)

from memory i think the earliest bios versions had a 5 or 6 reboot setting (dont quote me its late)
whereas as parsec says the later ones are set to 3 trys
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
DonPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:00am
Ok, I think I found the issue. I selected "XMP 2.0 Profile 1" at Load XML Settings. Under this there is a DDR-2933 which is ok. but left of the number there is a DDR-2133... what does this mean? Any advise how to fix it? 

http://imgur.com/a/HTv1i

This is my memory

UPDATE: Post can be closed as I found a thread with similar issue: 

Edited by DonPC - 27 Jul 2017 at 5:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic