ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ 4pin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nguylb73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ 4pin
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:28am
The manual states you have to plug the two 4 pin connectors to the motherboard to support the PCI-E slots, is this really needed if you use powered PCI-E risers? The GPU should draw it's power from the riser and 8pin connectors directly from the PSU. People stated this was not needed on the H81 Pro BTC model.

If it's needed can I connect the SATA port from the PSU with a 4pin converter to the motherboard? Can I use just one SATA port or do I need a separate one for each 4pin connector?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 11:53am

Dear nguylb73,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please connect these two 4-pin power connectors when you are using more than three graphics cards.

We suggest connecting two 4-pin connector with separate power cable, if you don?™t have enough 4-pin power cable; we also have SATA power connector on the motherboard, just between the lower 4-pin connector.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H110%20Pro%20BTC+.pdf

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Keeper3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeper3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 12:09am
I need clarification. Should I plug in both 4 pins AND the 24 pin? Or is the 24pin only to be used as an alternative.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Keeper3000 Keeper3000 wrote:

I need clarification. Should I plug in both 4 pins AND the 24 pin? Or is the 24pin only to be used as an alternative.

First, the main 24 pin ATX power cable must be connected to the board at all times. That cable from the PSU provides +12V, +5V, and +3.3V power to the board, and it includes wires to signal the PSU to turn on when the power button on the PC case is pressed.

Second, you must also connect a cable from the PSU to the 4/8 pin CPU power connector at the top of the board. The CPU will not receive power if this cable from the PSU is not connected, and the board will not operate.

Third are the two extra 4 pin PCIe power cables that you asked about in your first post. It seems that even if your PCIe risers have power connectors, you still need to connect those two extra connectors to the board.

Keeper3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeper3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
Should you also plugin the extra sata power cable if you've plugged in the 2 extra 4pin cpi power cables?
I'm running 13 gpu's but seeing about 20% less performance than my other rigs.  I'm wondering if this guy is the reason.
Mjwisconsin77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mjwisconsin77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 5:37am
Hi,

When I try to use the 2 pcie power connecters the Mobo immediately fries (smokes around the dram and 24 pin area), I have attempted it on two now mobos. I follow the PDF instructions exactly and everything works perfect prior to the 4 pin connection.
Spikeuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spikeuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 2:24pm
Mine was working perfectly with 10 cards, powered risers, both molex and the on board sata connections plugged in.

I bought a new expensive PSU. plugged it in, the board kept booting into Bios and showing image that the molex didnt have power?

Check the molex and they did have power!

Rebooted twice, then nice smoke from near cmos battery, (sound like same as the above post) I can see the small black chip near the cmos (in the CU14) group seems to be half melted.

I don't understand why this melted?

What does this chip do?

I'm now concerned that if I buy another board the same thing will occur.

zajacik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zajacik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:59am
Hi, Did anyone answer your issue or did you fix it?
Ray Holt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic