ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H97M Pro4 and TPM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pufaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 8:04pm
Another question: I can't find "Trusted Computing" in my "Advanced" Tab. Does this only appear when a module is installed? (H97M Pro4)
magrathsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magrathsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:39am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear Rdn6427,

BIOS download link:H97M Pro4 P2.10C
https://mega.nz/#!c8pDQAgZ!YumiMsiCerLSp6NsoxLgheajOEPuF0UD9Ltmcj0LMrA

Thanks!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD

Does the 2.10C BIOS enable support for Intel's firmware-based TPM (PTT)? My understanding is that firmware TPM exists in Haswell (4th-gen) CPUs and later. If not, it would be great if a BIOS could be released that supports it. Otherwise it may be a long wait for hardware TMP modules to become available again.
pufaxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pufaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 5:14am
@magrathsmith: Not sure, but I think firmware TPM is in mobile Haswell, only.

Sadly ... hardware TPM modules were sold out quickly. And next wave of scalpers is incoming. I saw prices quadruple in just two days ...

:(
andreluizbarbieri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreluizbarbieri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear fillalph,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, H97M Pro4 support TMP1.2, we have released special BIOS to support TPM2.0,

Please download the BIOS from below link and update BIOS by instant flash.

https://mega.nz/#!k1IChbrS!hPs4FcRD441qG0imGsG2r8oYccktyc75yS1XwN5f4D4

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Please, I need a BIOS for the asrock z97m pro4 with trusted computing enabled.
pedro gaspar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedro gaspar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:07am

i have the same problem wiht a z97x killer, any chance off having a bios update for it , please?
Thanks in advance
morgindale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgindale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 11:45pm
Hey Guys,

i only registered here just to tell you guys my story - i think some will find this helpful :-)

I also use a H97M Pro4 Mainboard with an old XEON Processor. So far i did everything what Microsoft set as minimum system requirements for Window 11, for example i moved to GPT and Secure Boot (both went fine and without data loss). The last thing to do was enable TPM 2.0 somehow, so i bought the Asrock TPM2-S V2.0 Module with Vendor Product Number 90-CXG5H1-00UBNZ.

First, i updated my BIOS to 2.30, the most current version for the board to get, but after plugging the module in, i had the same experience like in the first post, Trusted Computing was there, but the module wasn't recognized. So i tried the 2.10C Version which was posted here and that one worked fine :-)

Now, in "WhyNotWin11" App, everything is green, beside the CPU, which isn't officially supported, but why shouldn't it work, i have all the rest, including TPM 2.0.

If the MEGA-Link goes down again, PM me, then i'll send it to you / or i'll upload it again to MEGA or so.

Greetings!
pufaxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pufaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 12:14pm
@morgindale: Thank you. Still waiting for my module to arrive, because two orders were cancelled by the sellers ... these modules are hard to find since Win11 was announced.

Anyway - good to know BIOS 2.30 does not work. But I'm not sure if I want to install an older version. Maybe there will be 2.30C?
DanielHyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielHyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 7:12pm
Dear folks,

It's indeed a jungle out there, trying to find a 17-pin TPM 2 module, but take heart - they're starting to reappear. Being too thrifty to recycle a perfectly fine H97M Pro4 board with 16GB equally fine RAM on it, just to support Bill Gates's bachelor lifestyle, I'm also now the proud owner of a zippy i7-4790K and a Noctua cooler that might fix global warming if they could only make them big enough. (And to be fair, where would they plug it in?) Where oh where is a working link to that P2.10C BIOS flash file, which seems to have gone the way of all flash? Please continue to disregard my inadvertent cross-posts under Fatality, and thanks truly, in advance...
DanielHyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielHyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:05pm
Dear Tech Support,

I'm pretty sure my mobo serial number is actually D06099869D64, not D05099859D54 as initially reported. If the 5's had open loops on the left, or the 6's were as round as the 9's, or I could read bar codes, it would be easier to tell. But it's one or the other.

In other news, while the link sent to fillalph does lead to a sadly vanished BIOS patch file, the link sent to Rdn6427 (as of this writing) still works, and so does the patched BIOS, and so do the TPM 2.0 module and Win 11. Finding the DOS pnputil to banish pesky .inf files and their outdated .sys drivers that were preventing memory protection was a whole nuther fun project. But that worked too, eventually.

Interestingly, while booting under BIOS version 2.30 used to take 5-6 seconds on a slow day, with a slower CPU, now it takes at least a minute, with a perky i7-4970K. The Win 11 boot (or ensuing environment) is no slower than for Win 10. Is this because the patched BIOS is less efficient, or the TPM module is overcoming trust issues, or...? There are no sparks, smoke, or error messages emanating from the renewed machine. It just takes much longer to boot. Any ideas why, and what if anything might be done to help?

And just out of curiosity, is there a 2.40 BIOS that talks to TPM 2 modules in anyone's future? That does its thing in 5 seconds?

Cheers,

Daniel
tachikoma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachikoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 5:32am
Please update H97 Pro4 (non M) as well. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic