ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H81 Pro BTC R2.0 it does not work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddienews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H81 Pro BTC R2.0 it does not work
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:26am
Hi.

If anyone could  help me I would appreciate it very much. I bought a MB H81 Pro BTC R2.0 with an Intel Celeron G1840 processor. I connected a SuperNova 750 Power Supply. By clicking on the power switch nothing happens. Neither the processor fan nor the Power Supply fan works. I did the test without the memory, without the processor and still it does not work. Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Eddie
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Eddienews Eddienews wrote:

Hi.

If anyone could  help me I would appreciate it very much. I bought a MB H81 Pro BTC R2.0 with an Intel Celeron G1840 processor. I connected a SuperNova 750 Power Supply. By clicking on the power switch nothing happens. Neither the processor fan nor the Power Supply fan works. I did the test without the memory, without the processor and still it does not work. Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Eddie

By "clicking on the power switch...", I assume that means the power switch on the PC case?

Or do you mean just clicking the switch on the PSU from the O position to the -- position?

Most EVGA Supernova PSUs operate in a "fanless mode" at low power consumption conditions. Which means the PSU fan will not spin until a certain power draw level is reached. What is the exact, full model name of your PSU?

Do you have both the 24 pin ATX power cable, and the 4/8 pin CPU power cable connected to the mother board?

Eddienews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddienews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:51am
Thanks for answering. Smile

Yes, by clicking on the power switch installed on the motherboard

I did the test only with the PSU disconnected from the MB and it is working. When I connecting the two cables: 24 pin and 8 pin, it no longer works. The PSU is new. EVGA Supernova 750G3

Thanks
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Eddienews Eddienews wrote:

Thanks for answering. Smile

Yes, by clicking on the power switch installed on the motherboard

I did the test only with the PSU disconnected from the MB and it is working. When I connecting the two cables: 24 pin and 8 pin, it no longer works. The PSU is new. EVGA Supernova 750G3

Thanks

Given what you told us, then it seems you do not have the two wires from the PC case power switch connected to the correct pins on the System Panel Header.

The two pins from the power switch are connected to the two pins on the right side of the top row of four pins on the System Panel Header. It is very easy to connect the PC case power switch to the wrong pins on the board. Please check that you have the wires from the switch connected to the correct pins.

Do you have the ECO mode switch set to the Off position, so the PSU fan will run at all times?

If the PSU test jumper supplied with the PSU will turn it on, then either the wiring from the PC case power switch is not connected correctly, or the switch in the PC case is broken.

You can start the PSU while connected to the board by quickly shorting the two pins on the System Panel Header for the Power Switch with a screwdriver.

Eddienews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddienews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 6:25am
I tested it with a screwdriver. Nothing happened. I also tested with two different power switch cables. I tested with 24 and 8 pin different cables and nothing happened either. I tested it with another 750G3 PSU and nothing. It is second MB that this happens. The first one I returned thinking it was MB with defective. Really weird. Did I have the bad luck to buy 2 MB with problems? :)

Thank you for your time.
rjvais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjvais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:01pm
Hi,
Same problem...

I try with:
- 2 news motherboard H81 pro BTC R2.0
- 2 CPU / G1820 / G1840
- 2 PSU / Corsair HX 1200i / TX 750
- GPU Nvidia / AMD...
- RAM samsung / HP / etc...

= NOTHING !
Black screen.
I'm disgusted by this F**** product

Post Reply Post Reply