ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCIe Bifurcation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manhatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCIe Bifurcation
    Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 10:12am
Hi !

I've a AS Z97 Extreme6 and plan to intall this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Ultra-Speed-Drive-Quad-PCIe-x16-Adapter-Card-Up-to-4x-NVMe-M-2-SSD-Support-/352065353373?epid=1669456050&hash=item51f8baf69d:g:yggAAOSwX61ZFRDC

BUT the BIOS need to switch the PCIex16 in 4x4x4x4 ways (called PCIe Bifurcation)
So HAS THIS CM THIS FUNCTION and where I find it ?? (I updated my BIOS with a P2.70 version)

Thanks for your answers

Chris-France
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 11:09am
Sorry, your board does not support any type of PCIe Bifurcation. PCIe Bifurcation is not an option that is commonly available on PC mother boards. I don't know of any ASRock boards that support any type of PCIe Bifurcation.

PCIe Bifurcation could also be x8x8 or x8x4x4, etc, so you would also need to find the right match. PCIe Bifurcation requires both UEFI/BIOS support, and extra hardware on a mother board to perform the switching and routing of the PCIe data lanes.

That Dell adapter card is really designed to work with some Dell workstation systems that are specially designed to work with this adapter card.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic