ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - J3455B-ITX Official FW 1.20 No C7-C8-C9-C10 states
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

J3455B-ITX Official FW 1.20 No C7-C8-C9-C10 states

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J3455B-ITX Official FW 1.20 No C7-C8-C9-C10 states
    Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:59pm
Hello to All.

I have recently purchased an ASRock J3455B-ITX motherboard and I updated the firmware to the latest official (1.20) in order to get vt-d support.

However, I notice now that the maximum processor C state that I can select in BIOS is C6 instead of C10. Has this been done on purpose on the newer firmware? Is there something I need to do in order to get the C10 option back?

Can you please advise on this issue?

Regards,
kped. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by kped kped wrote:

Hello to All.

I have recently purchased an ASRock J3455B-ITX motherboard and I updated the firmware to the latest official (1.20) in order to get vt-d support.

However, I notice now that the maximum processor C state that I can select in BIOS is C6 instead of C10. Has this been done on purpose on the newer firmware? Is there something I need to do in order to get the C10 option back?

Can you please advise on this issue?

Regards,
kped. 

The 1.20 UEFI/BIOS update contains an Intel processor microcode update, which may be the cause of the loss of C States beyond C6. Or it might be related to VT-d, since the higher C States increase latency of IO devices, which VT-d is said to improve by Intel.

If CPU C States Support is enabled in the CPU Configuration screen, then whatever C State option settings that are available should be shown. Did you try setting the Power Gear option in that screen to Eco Mode? I don't know which setting of that option is the default.

kped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:01pm
Hello parsec and thank you very much for your prompt reply.

No matter what option I choose for either vt-d or Power Gear (or any combination between them) the maximum available C state that I get with FW 1.20 is C6.

Do not get me wrong, I am perfectly happy with the board and the system's power consumption in general. I just want someone who either has specific knowledge or the same board to confirm that this is indeed the case (C6 being the highest processor C state available) with the new BIOS version and that is not something else that is causing this behavior with my board.

Regards,
kped.
kped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 1:48pm
BUMP!
Anyone from ASROCK care to reply and give a definite answer about the exact behavior of FW 1.20 on this specific board? It shouldn't take more than 60 seconds to test.

Is there any other process in place from ASROCK to offer technical support to their customers?

Regards,
kped.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic