ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme6. Turn USB off when shutdown.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme6. Turn USB off when shutdown.
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:00am
Hello folks

Mobo's been working great for  a couple of years now!

But I have several peripherals connected by USB and I would like them to turn 'Off' when I shutdown the PC.
This is because my home-office/studio is also my bedroom and the LEDs of still active devices seems very bright at 3am when trying to sleep.
Also, like my Oculus Rift for example, some devices are always slightly warm even when the PC is off.
I could unplug things but it's a bit tiresome, possibly adds to wear and tear, and many of my peripherals are plugged in the rear of the tower which is a bit difficult to get to under my desk.

I'm sure there are settings in the UEFI/BIOS that controls what happens to USB when powered off, but I don't know exactly where. Something to do with the various sleep or power states?

Is there anyone who is familiar with AsRock BIOS who can tell me what setting I need to adjust so that when I shutdown the PC it really is shutdown!? USBs and everything!?

Thanks very much!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 10:02am

Dear Jamieboo,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please set the BIOS option ?œDeep Sleep??to enable, then the USB power will be turned off when shutdown.

BIOS Path: BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration > Deep Sleep

Please remember to save the configuration after done the BIOS setting.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

jamieboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:47pm
Thanks for the reply!

But 'Deep Sleep' has a couple of further options:

Enabled in S5
Enabled in S4-S5

Which of these should I enable to power off USB when shutdown?

Thanks
jamieboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:30am
Anyone?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic