ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No signal to monitor (SOLVED)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanCR4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 4:08am
thanks everyone for your help. I went out bought a new psu (EVGA 650 GQ Gold Hybrid Modular ATX PSU - 650W). I have updated the first post, with full specs of new power supply. 

At first the system was still not booting, then after pulling all memory, and cards, also took out cmos battery and done cmos reset, reseated all cards and wires, turned on the pc and boom the system booted into the bios, first thing i did was update the bios to 3.00 and  now have installed windows 10. all running fine so far, so a big hand to everyone who helped in getting my system booting.ClapClapClapBeer

I guess I really need to learn that if you buy cheap you buy twice, I decided to go cheap on a power supply and it caused me no end of worry. 

so happy i got it sorted, did cost me another £80 (GB Pounds) but at least i got a working pc and not not an expensive bookend.

again thanks to everyone who took the time to respond and help me out.

Edited by DanCR4 - 07 Sep 2017 at 10:53am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 4:18am
DanCR4, if you have not done a Clear CMOS as smrtech suggested, please do and let us know if that helps.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
DanCR4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanCR4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

DanCR4, if you have not done a Clear CMOS as smrtech suggested, please do and let us know if that helps.  Enjoy, John.

I got it sorted now, bought a new PSU, at first it would still not boot, so had another go at clearing the cmos and reseating all cards etc and i got it to work.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 11:13am
Great!

Glad you got it sorted. Thumbs Up
nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by DanCR4 DanCR4 wrote:

thanks everyone for your help. I went out bought a new psu (EVGA 650 GQ Gold Hybrid Modular ATX PSU - 650W). I have updated the first post, with full specs of new power supply. 

At first the system was still not booting, then after pulling all memory, and cards, also took out cmos battery and done cmos reset, reseated all cards and wires, turned on the pc and boom the system booted into the bios, first thing i did was update the bios to 3.00 and  now have installed windows 10. all running fine so far, so a big hand to everyone who helped in getting my system booting.ClapClapClapBeer

I guess I really need to learn that if you buy cheap you buy twice, I decided to go cheap on a power supply and it caused me no end of worry. 

so happy i got it sorted, did cost me another £80 (GB Pounds) but at least i got a working pc and not not an expensive bookend.

again thanks to everyone who took the time to respond and help me out.

Great!!! ClapClap

PSU is probably the only component that you can't go cheap. I learnt the hard way also many years ago. After all, alongside your case, it's the only component which lasts you the most if bought good at first, so I prefer to invest more on a good PSU and go one tier down on CPU, MB or GPU if budget is a problem for a new build.

Cheers.

Edited by nangu - 07 Sep 2017 at 11:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic