ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X Extreme4+, W10 and BIOS 2.60 freezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numbnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 4:51pm
Me, wardog, as a Moderator, has edited this post.

Suffice it to say, now without the profanity posted here by the user numbnuts, they are very very dissatisfied.

numbnuts, please abstain from posting profanity. Consider this your first and final warning.

Thank you for your cooperation.

... wardog

Edited by wardog - 09 Sep 2016 at 8:03pm
Madmartigan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madmartigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:49am
Hi,

If you read this thread, you might notice that I already posted several messages, including a solution I found on another thread of this forum to prevent the freezing issues many people seems to have with the Asrock FM2A88X Extreme 4+ motherboard when it's bios has been updated.

I have to recant my previous statements : disabling package C6 or C6 does not entirely solve this problem. This just prevent the mobo from freezing all the time, but the freezes are still there.

With this option disabled, I have yet to see my motherboard freeze while doing anything casual (browsing the internet, watching videos, using photoshop for a very modest project, etc.). This might be fine if you intend your computer for this kind of casual use. Just disable Package C6, like explained in previous posts, and you should be fine.

However my computer still freeze randomly when using some games.

The freezing are very consistent and identical in every aspect to the random ones when package C6 is not disabled. They occur only on specific games, probably because those ask the motherboard to do something close to what makes it freeze in the first place.

Games that I have played for several hours without any motherboard related problem :

Blood Bowl 2
Batman Arkham City
Company of Heroes 2
Endless Legend
Payday 2
Stellaris
Total War Warhammer
Torchlight 2
Tropico 5

Games that always provoke a FM2A88X Extreme 4+ freeze :

Armello
Borderlands 2
Call of Duty Ghosts
Xcom enemy within
Xcom 2

A year has passed and I haven't installed Star Citizen again. I don't know if it would freeze or not, but it makes me feel depressed just to think I might go through several days of download just to find out.

As of now, I am not looking for a solution. Do not post anything for me on this thread or on PM : I won't answer. I now consider that Asrock took my money and gave me a flawed motherboard. If you have this same problem, and want to play games, I do believe that the only real solution is to change your Asrock FM2A88X for a new motherboard, made by a company that provides better products.

I will never buy any sort of Asrock hardware ever again.

And I strongly urge you to think again if you are about to buy one.
numbnuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numbnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:12am
+1 to Madmartigan.  

ASRock don't give a flying f*ck about their customers.  I used to buy a lot of their gear - not anymore and NEVER again!

Stick all your product up your ar$e ASRock.

(Got told I would be banned for using foul language here - guess this is my last post lol!   I don't need this forum any longer anyway!)
smallboyone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallboyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 11:11pm
Underclocking your CPU seems to be the solution:

I had the same issue with my brand new Extreme4+ FM288X and A8 7600 processor. The current Bios version is P3.30. 

Turning off PC6 did not help.
Turning off C6 completely did not help.
I always monitored the CPU temperature and it was fine with around 50°C

Somewhere else I read that there might be an issue with the CPU voltage, because Prime95 was throwing errors during stress test. What I did is to set up the multiplier manually down to X30.0 3000 MHz (results in more or less 1,112 V) and I'm stressing my computer with multiple HDD, GPU (4k Youtube) and CPU (Prime95) tasks. Seems to be stable, because Prime95 isn't throwing any errors and the system is still up and running

So the solution seems to be to play around with the clocks, core speed and multiplier in the OC tweaker section of your Bios. Keep C6 disabled! Have no clue what the best settings are and what the tech reason behind this is, but will continue to test and to keep you posted.

Could anyone else confirm this on your machine? The settings are:

Double checked via CPU-Z:

BTW Bios 2.50 is still on asrock.com:

It's just not listed on the overview page... So if my theory with the underclocking is false, I will try to downgrade by board

Edited by smallboyone - 31 Jul 2017 at 3:10am
FraFazz1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FraFazz1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by FraFazz1982 FraFazz1982 wrote:

[QUOTE=ASRock Expert] http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/Asrock/ASRock-FM2A88X-Extreme4plus-BIOS-250.shtml[/QUOTE]
Thank y!I've installed bios 2.50 and now works properly.

You have to install 2.50 bios version to solve.
arimak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 2:55pm
I was installing that terrible P3.30 BIOS version a few weeks ago too.
In short, I'm back to P2.50 now, and I will hope that all will be stable again.
I was trying that "C6 state disable" too of course, maybe it could be a bit better, but it led to freezing to black screen and restart too. Ouch

As I started this thread 2 YEARS ago, I wouldn't expect that I will install back that old BIOS version again! How many versions were between 2.50 and 3.30?? Shocked

I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview - slow channel, now is installing 16296.0 (rs3_release)
ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme4+, AMD A8-7600, 8GB, Windows 10 (insider preview - slow)
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 6:28pm
I am using the 3.30 in Windows 7/10/Linux Suse without problem for "long time".
I have an A10 7890k + 16 GB GSkill + SCSI PCI Card + LPT PCI Card and 6 HD.
But I realized that Asrock is $%@%#$%# with the bios. I bought some AB350 Pro4 and the BIOS sucks. For upgrade, you need to have an DOS booteable disk for the first update and is "not able" to change the memory speed. I bought "expensive" memory (faster than normal) and I am unable to activate the XMP profile (it show the option but is disable). I think some thing aren't going well inb Asrock
arimak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arimak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:25pm
I have to write some pretty new notes about that freezing issues now.

As I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview, there was probably something depending on these huge issues with processors patches (Meltdown + Spectre).
About 2 weeks ago I got an update 17074 of these W10 Insider Preview. And guess what... It is again stable solid machine now! Well from end of September 2017 to half of January 2018 it was everyday "no reason" freeze and reboot..

So my last guess is, that it wasn't fault of Asrock, but processors producers. Let us know, you - other users, what is your experience?
ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme4+, AMD A8-7600, 8GB, Windows 10 (insider preview - slow)
LordIron44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordIron44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:40pm
Same issue with FM2A88X Pro3+ with the temporary solution i've disabled c6 i dont get pc6 to enable or disable.Im just gonna buy a new mobo cause many users didnt have a problem with an another company.One question is Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-DS2 Rev3.0 a good replacement:

specs:

Amd a10 7870k

Ram Gskill 8GB 1600mhz

1TB Western Digital caviar blue

PSU Coolermaster G550M
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:43pm
After disabling C6, not problem for more than year...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic