ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.6b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 7:11am
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

I wasn't expecting a change in the XMP profile this go around since it stated in the release notes that the compatibility code wasn't touched.

Kudos to ASRock on the change notes BTW.

The AGESA block was updated and being so will make a diff.

What wasn't touched was the AGESA loader and mem training routines.

And I agree. More info is always nice.
Maddreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Ken429 Ken429 wrote:

the OpenGL numbers went from 95.35 on 3.0 to 94.66 on 3.1. 

did you try disabling HPET in BIOS? After doing so I got 115fps in that test
ASRock AB350M Pro4//Ryzen R6 1600@3800=1.275v+Macho rev.B//GTX 1060//Ripjaws V@3200 16-18-18-38-56=1.4v (2x8Gb)//Corsair RM550x
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 5:44am
When they will release the update for chipsets b350, i have asrock b350

By thew way it is possible that Asrock manufacturer unlock the Promontory options and add a way to disable ASMEDIA controllers through Bios? also adding an HPET 32 bit or 64 bit?

Looks i have locked this PROMONTORY OPTIONS:
PROM4, PROM2, PROM1 are locked i cannot enter.
And it seems that there is the culprit or problem of my mouse inconsistent hz

Another thing is that i don't get it must be something wrong with my motherboard or with the asrock ab350 fatality k4 gaming, they add a F-STREAM software to changes polling rate hz on F-PORTS, but when downloading the software it came like with features locked, there is no such options like (TOOLS)

This is the pictures of F_STREAM that asrock shows for my mobo

And when downloading the software through my manufacturer motherboard model
This is what i get, there is not tools options or whats so ever.

So with all of this problem i'm getting inconsistent HZ this never happen before in my old machine :/ things what i have do.
1- Turning off C6, al C-states
2- Turning AMD COOL& QUIET
3- Disabling all SUPER IO in bios

In device manager windows turn off (saving features on hid and usb controllers)

And problem persist:
this is how it looks the hz.
1000hz

500hz

333 hz

250hz

200hz

125hz
http://cdn.overclock.net/0/08/08accf6d_125hz.png

And yes i have tried my g9 on all usb ports and type C, also the F-ports and i test my 3.0 usb mice logitech m100 which is a cheap mouse and it doesnt work properly, HZ are fluctuating...

People in other forums spoke me about the ASMEDIA in bios hidding and promontory options, plus some... problems attached to HPET that are in 32 bit which would be fine if AMD release hpet 32 and 64. thanks.

Edited by x58haze - 08 Sep 2017 at 5:47am
seanpatrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanpatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:16am
P-state overclocking does indeed seem to be problematic with this Bios.  

Although the processor is indeed downclocking, the Vcore barely moves at lower speeds - in fact I'm getting fairly large Vcore spikes with it.  

For instance, I run an offset that usually brings my Vcore under stress testing to about 1.392 (I'm overclocking obviously) however with the new bios it stays at or near 1.392 even when the processor speed is at about 1.5mhz.  In addition I'm getting spikes with the same offset I've used for the last 4 bios updates up to about 1.488! 

I've since switched back to the previous one and all is returned to normal with the Vcore dropping to .9 something when the cores are idle at 1.5mhz.
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by seanpatrick seanpatrick wrote:

Although the processor is indeed downclocking, the Vcore barely moves at lower speeds - in fact I'm getting fairly large Vcore spikes with it.  

For instance, I run an offset that usually brings my Vcore under stress testing to about 1.392 (I'm overclocking obviously) however with the new bios it stays at or near 1.392 even when the processor speed is at about 1.5mhz.  In addition I'm getting spikes with the same offset I've used for the last 4 bios updates up to about 1.488! 

I've since switched back to the previous one and all is returned to normal with the Vcore dropping to .9 something when the cores are idle at 1.5mhz.
yup, definitely there is something wrong with pstate overclock in bios 3.20,  i post the same issue on first page.

can i know you use which mobo? i use X370 K4, for now i just downgrade to previous bios. 
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 5:18pm
one more thing, some time the uefi bios will become freeze /lockup if i navigate the interface too fast/rapidly. 
PinetreeRoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinetreeRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 2:32am
It would seem that this latest BIOS is a few steps back. The board takes longer to boot, and p-states are completely broken for me.

There are tons of new option in the recent BIOS updates that are completely undocumented. They either don't have descriptions, or the description are super vague, and they are not in the manual at all. Every option in the BIOS has a QR code for the same PDF manual hasn't been updated ever.

Also what's going on with the ASRock software? F-stream just doesn't work at all anymore for me, even after a fresh Windows install.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:13am
I don't know these new technology has become more a hell than a heaven.

Mouse not responsiveness at all
Kinda of visual lag...

I'm very sad, and i'm from Venezuela, and here is very difficult to get pieces. and situation is not helping :'(
seanpatrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanpatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Ricky Ricky wrote:

Originally posted by seanpatrick seanpatrick wrote:

yup, definitely there is something wrong with pstate overclock in bios 3.20,  i post the same issue on first page.

can i know you use which mobo? i use X370 K4, for now i just downgrade to previous bios. 

I've got the Killer Sli
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:19am
Odd. I have the same jaggy mouse movements on my X370 Taichi (v3.10). I thought I was getting crazy until I saw your comment.

It's like random 'hiccups' when moving the mouse. The mouse is an old trusty Razer Deathadder 3.5, which I've used on many other PCs and laptops w/o any issue.

I'm not using any OC ATM. C&Q is ON, C6 is disabled.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic