FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x399 dead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:49pm
Try this:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

Make sure you leave the PC disconnected from the wall for at least 1 hour. Sometimes this will resolve power issues where the protection circuits got stuck in an alarm state. 

If that does not work, I would RMA both CPU and board. Better to be safe than sorry.
hebrewbacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hebrewbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:04am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Do you see any code on the Dr Debug display when you attempt to start the PC?

Or is the Dr Debug display off, nothing on it at all?

Did you check the power button connection on the PC case to the header on the board? Did you try the trick of shorting the two pins that connect to the power button with a screwdriver to start the board?

Sorry to ask, but both CPU power cables, plus the 24 pin power cable connected?

The Debug display doesn't show anything at all. The board doesn't power on for it to show. No fans start up or anything like that.
I did try using both the power button and the trick of using a screwdriver to touch the power pins.
Both CPU power cables were connected. 
Basically hitting the power button does absolutely nothing. The mobo LEDs just stay on and that's about it Cry
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:49am
Do you see any code on the Dr Debug display when you attempt to start the PC?

Or is the Dr Debug display off, nothing on it at all?

Did you check the power button connection on the PC case to the header on the board? Did you try the trick of shorting the two pins that connect to the power button with a screwdriver to start the board?

Sorry to ask, but both CPU power cables, plus the 24 pin power cable connected?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hebrewbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:21am
Yes I did try clearing the CMOS. Did not try pulling the battery though. 
I've been getting conflicting opinions online based on what I've searched so far. Some say mobo is bad, others say CPU is bad. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:38am
Did you clear CMOS? I know it's obvious but you didn't mention it. You could also try the full clear by pulling the battery and letting it sit disconnected from power for an hour or so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hebrewbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:01am
Hey guys,

So my computer randomly shut down yesterday and now refuses to start back up. The motherboard LEDs light up but hitting the power button does not do anything. I went through all the standard troubleshooting steps (booting with 1 stick of RAM, trying with a known working PSU from another computer, removing the GPU) but nothing seems to work. At this point, I'm not sure if the mobo or CPU is dead. My bet is on the mobo gone bad as CPUs so rarely die these days. Any suggestions before I RMA this back to Newegg?

My CPU was overclocked to 4.1Ghz @1.381V stable so nothing crazy there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic