ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX CHA_FAN1 amp rating?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX CHA_FAN1 amp rating?
    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:31am
Does anyone know the exact total amperage rating for the chassis fan headers (specifically CHA_FAN1) on the AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX motherboard?

I have the manual, but I don't see a rating specified.

I'm trying to find out if I can run two .18 amp fans via splitter from CHA_FAN1 and still have fan control without frying the board.

I'd like to add an extra intake fan. I can't believe the "Pro" board only has two chassis fan headers.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by donalgodon donalgodon wrote:

Does anyone know the exact total amperage rating for the chassis fan headers (specifically CHA_FAN1) on the AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX motherboard?

I have the manual, but I don't see a rating specified.

I'm trying to find out if I can run two .18 amp fans via splitter from CHA_FAN1 and still have fan control without frying the board.

I'd like to add an extra intake fan. I can't believe the "Pro" board only has two chassis fan headers.

You should be fine running two fans whose maximum rating is 0.18A with a splitter on the CHA_FAN1 header. Normally all the fan headers have at least a 0.5A to 1.0A current rating.

Your board may have "Pro" in its name, but it is a Micro ATX form factor board, that is very small and has very limited space for connectors. That's a standard compromise for Micro ATX sized boards. Plus it is an inexpensive board, you can only expect so much from it for its price, sorry to say.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic