ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win 7 USB Patcher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bastelbogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 4:52pm
Just tried it with the new version 1.0.5...

Same problem.

jhui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:19am
Got the same error.  Trying to run v1.0.5 on Windows 7 x64.  Tried compatibility mode with no luck.  Please fix asap.  I'm trying to create an install disk so I can install on the brand new Beebox.
jhui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 2:08am
I have a system with ASRock motherboard, and sure enough, this tool comes up fine there.....  It seems that this tool requires ASRock motherboard to run, which doesn't seem to be fair for people who just bought an ASRock system or motherboard (ex. I just bought a Beebox).
Lvcoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lvcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 2:43am
That's pretty much what I figured was happening from the beginning. Not a good introduction for people trying an ASRock board for the first time.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:44pm
Dear All,

Greetings, This is ASRock Technical Supports Department.
We have unlock the Windows 7 USB patcher for all vendor's motherboard.
Please download the USB patcher ver 1.0.6 as the link: http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/dl.asp 

You can refer the SOP or the video to finish the patch.
http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/ 

Sorry for the inconvenience before.

If any, please feel free to let us know!

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

sean123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 2:07am
How long does the image creation take? Been running for almost an hour.....
brno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 12:07am
Hello from bored IT fan :-) brno, czech rep.

THAT ALL DIDNT WORK FOR ME. i have got an MB: asrock B150M-HDV and i have to install win 7 64bit Profesional. But for several times, my instalation end in a half or run without drivers for usb (patch didnt work)... but in the end it was succesfull...
so check my story bro :-)

first i need to change bios option, because of EHCI ...
BIOS-ADVANCED-USB Emulation PS/2

second - i must run WIN 7 USB Patcher (v2.0.4) BUT in MODE for Vista SP2 and with admin rights
(on win7hp64bit) after that my patched instalation was succesfull :-)

thats all, hope it could help for another one ... ;-)

namasté
VaderSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaderSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 5:39pm
I just tried the latest patcher with a Z170M Extreme4.  It let me install and got me to the part where I'm supposed to name the computer, but that's where the USB stops working and I'm stuck now.

I'm also unable to get into the bios because I'm using a 720P TV via HDMI and have no monitor.  I just get a black screen, which is apparently due to the lower resolution screen than what the UEFI is expecting.

TimH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 9:41am
I'm in the process of trying to get Win7 loaded on a Asrock z170 board as well. Mine is the Formula OC.

I too am having difficulties. I have been trying for a week. I   gave up and tried another route thinking I could run Win7 in a Hyper V window and have MediaCenter showing Cable TV however, Media Center will not work in a Hyper V window. Oh well

What I would suggest to you is to make sure that you have No extraneous hardware attached. No bluetooth dongles no Wireless USB mouses or keyboards no additional Video cards. Just the motherboard, the onboard IGPU and the USB stick no Optical DVD or CD or Bluray drive etc. Eliminate everything possible and try to install.
tor11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tor11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 10:58pm
I just wanted to say, that I have tried to use Win7 patcher (ver:2.0.5) several times and it seemingly finished the job fine, but my mouse and keyboard never worked anyway.

I don't know if it was wrong drivers used by a tool or something else, but when I did manual patching of the files, like described for example here http://codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/ I was able to boot and install Win7 with USB3 support just fine.

Intel USB 3.0 drivers I used were downloaded from ASRock's page for my mainboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic