ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

P67 Extreme4 Not Booting After BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tallshortguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallshortguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 11:26am
Specs:
Windows 10
i7 2600K
P67 Extreme4
MSI Radeon R9 280X
8GB GSkill DDR3 RAM

I updated the BIOS on my P67 Extreme4 to 3.1 because I was having some issues after upgrading to Windows 10 that some forums suggested a BIOS update might fix. I went to Asrock's website and found the latest BIOS update file and followed the instructions exactly. Now Windows 10 will not complete the boot correctly and I keep getting a "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" error from Windows.

I emailed support but I received was a response of

"Unfortunately you update the bios for a CPU (3rd generation ) and your cpu is second generation and the makes your windows to crash."

with no suggestions of how to fix it besides a follow up email from another support account asking me to purchase a new BIOS chip. I consider this unfair because there are zero warnings in Asrock's BIOS update instructions or support page that suggests the ONLY available BIOS update for my board would make it useless for my Sandy Bridge CPU. Also, on tweaktown's support forum it seemed a couple of users got free BIOS chips.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a possible fix. If Asrock forces me to pay for the chip I am completely done as customer who purchased Asrock Motherboards for my last two systems. My upcoming CPU upgrade motherboard money will absolutely go to another manufacturer who I would hope provide better support than I've received so far. I apologize if I sound like I'm whining but I've received zero feedback after I emailed support back about the initial email.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by tallshortguy - 12 Aug 2015 at 11:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic