ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

P67 Extreme4 Not Booting After BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:21pm
Only flash back if you are experiencing issues. If all is stable and working as it should then you should stick with what you have.
thmchn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thmchn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 12:56am
I updated my P67 Pro3 motherboard with BIOS 3.30 in order to fix the CPU being overused in Windows 10. Now my external (and internal) audio is very laggy (it worked in Windows 10 before the update). It sounds like playing an old VHS-tape if you are old enough to get that... Mouse is also laggy (and it was Before update), so is moving windows around with the mouse (not otherwise).

I also had the problem with DEVICE NOT FOUND or something. But that was a message from grub since I didn't remove a Linux dual boot properly and was easily repaired using command in a windows installer...

I had to set the ACHI mode as you guys did... I still have no idea what to do in order to get my sound back in order... The PC is kind of worthless without sound.
thmchn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thmchn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 1:31am
UPDATE: I Think I just solved my problems... After installing AHCI Intel Rapid Storage (for windows 7 I think), everything started wokring flawless. No problems with either sound or mouse or CPU lag.

Try: STOR_Win7_8_8.1_12.9.0.1001 over at Intels downloadcenter...
axxeem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote axxeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 9:41am
I made an account for this because I was having the same problem, was super frustrated, and just got mine working again without buying a new BIOS chip:

Asrock p67 Extreme 4, intel i5-2500k
Upgraded to Win 10, CPU was at 100% even idling, tried updating the BIOS as I found online to 3.10, and got the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error.  Confirmed SATA was in AHCI and boot order was correct, still not able to load windows 10.

What worked for me: booted into Safe Mode through the Boot Menu on start up (F11).  Safe mode managed to load windows fine.  I then restarted and Windows 10 loaded normally.  I have no idea why this worked, why it was able to load in safe mode and then a simple restart would fix my problem, but it did, and I'm now running 3.10 with a normal CPU load.

I was worried because I saw the posts about the only work around being sending out for a new BIOS chip with an old version or trying to reflash with an older BIOS version.  Give this a try first.  Hope it helps someone!

RhymesWithOrange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RhymesWithOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 4:26pm
I too made an account just to say that I was having the same problem, but thanks to this thread (especially the fixes by axxeem and MikeyJ) I was able to resolve the issue.

Asrock p67 Extreme4 Gen 3, intel i7-2600k. I too updated the BIOS to get rid of the 100% CPU problem. Windows 10 was giving me the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error as well.

I went into the Storage configuration settings in my BIOS and discovered that the 'Sata Mode Selection' and 'Sata3 Operation Mode' settings had been changed back to IDE as MikeyJ had discovered before. I changed these settings back to ACHI, and... unfortunately the problem persisted. Thanks to Axxeem, however, I rebooted my computer in safe mode, and voila! I didn't even need to sign in -- I simply restarted the computer one more time and everything was back to normal.

Thanks for all the help guys! I too was getting worried about losing access to my computer for a month, but instead I will sleep easy tonight!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 4:46pm
That's why forums are so useful Thumbs Up

You can thank members additionally by clicking the thanks icon just above their post Wink 
moosss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moosss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 7:13am
Originally posted by axxeem axxeem wrote:

I made an account for this because I was having the same problem, was super frustrated, and just got mine working again without buying a new BIOS chip:

Asrock p67 Extreme 4, intel i5-2500k
Upgraded to Win 10, CPU was at 100% even idling, tried updating the BIOS as I found online to 3.10, and got the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error.  Confirmed SATA was in AHCI and boot order was correct, still not able to load windows 10.

What worked for me: booted into Safe Mode through the Boot Menu on start up (F11).  Safe mode managed to load windows fine.  I then restarted and Windows 10 loaded normally.  I have no idea why this worked, why it was able to load in safe mode and then a simple restart would fix my problem, but it did, and I'm now running 3.10 with a normal CPU load.

I was worried because I saw the posts about the only work around being sending out for a new BIOS chip with an old version or trying to reflash with an older BIOS version.  Give this a try first.  Hope it helps someone!

I just registered to say that this fix worked for me as well.
I have:

WIndows 10 x64-bit
AsRock P67 Extreme 4 
Intel I5-2500k
Samsung SSD 840 EVO
WDC WD1002FAEX

jari1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jari1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by RhymesWithOrange RhymesWithOrange wrote:

I too made an account just to say that I was having the same problem, but thanks to this thread (especially the fixes by axxeem and MikeyJ) I was able to resolve the issue.

Asrock p67 Extreme4 Gen 3, intel i7-2600k. I too updated the BIOS to get rid of the 100% CPU problem. Windows 10 was giving me the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error as well.

I went into the Storage configuration settings in my BIOS and discovered that the 'Sata Mode Selection' and 'Sata3 Operation Mode' settings had been changed back to IDE as MikeyJ had discovered before. I changed these settings back to ACHI, and... unfortunately the problem persisted. Thanks to Axxeem, however, I rebooted my computer in safe mode, and voila! I didn't even need to sign in -- I simply restarted the computer one more time and everything was back to normal.

Thanks for all the help guys! I too was getting worried about losing access to my computer for a month, but instead I will sleep easy tonight!

Thanks RhymesWithOrange, this worked for me too! I also updated my BIOS for the 100% CPU load issue, and Windows 10 refused to boot after that.

Setup:
-ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
-Intel i5-2500K
-Windows 10 x64

Edited by jari1984 - 31 Jan 2016 at 10:39pm
jhoeschele02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhoeschele02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 12:58am
I have been reading all the posts and most seem to be people that have updated the BIOS to Ver3.1 but are still using a Sandy Bridge CPU.  Does this same issue apply if I update my BIOS to Ver3.1 and then I change my CPU from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge?  Also - what is the best way to update the BIOS - I have Windows 10 and I understand from the posts that BIOS update program does not work well with it.  Why I am updating the BIOS is I am upgrading my i3 Sandy Bridge to an i5 Ivy Bridge and the current BIOS (1.60) does not support it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Setup:
-ASRock P67 Extreme4 (B3)
-Intel i3-2120 (moving to i5-3550)
-Windows 10 x64
Regards,
John
GripS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GripS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 11:10am
Originally posted by jhoeschele02 jhoeschele02 wrote:

I have been reading all the posts and most seem to be people that have updated the BIOS to Ver3.1 but are still using a Sandy Bridge CPU.  Does this same issue apply if I update my BIOS to Ver3.1 and then I change my CPU from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge?  Also - what is the best way to update the BIOS - I have Windows 10 and I understand from the posts that BIOS update program does not work well with it.  Why I am updating the BIOS is I am upgrading my i3 Sandy Bridge to an i5 Ivy Bridge and the current BIOS (1.60) does not support it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Setup:
-ASRock P67 Extreme4 (B3)
-Intel i3-2120 (moving to i5-3550)
-Windows 10 x64

When you go to the download site for the latest bios, this is displayed:

Please update to the latest BIOS with Instant Flash or Internet Flash in the UEFI setup if you are using Windows 10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic