ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

P67 Extreme4 Not Booting After BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhoeschele02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 6:36pm
The files in the zipped download are not recognized by instant flash in the UEFI, only the windows installer is included in the zip file.  Do you know where there are files for BIOS Ver3.1 that can be used by instant flash?  Otherwise I will have to use the windows installer. Any help will be appreciated.
Regards,
John
jhoeschele02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhoeschele02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 8:55pm
Just an update -- I found a post on Tom Hardware forum about a site that has the files that work with instant flash:

http://pctreiber.net/asrock-bios-downloads?dlsearch=Asrock+P67+Extreme4&sortby=date

I have updated my BIOS to Ver3.1 and changed my cpu from an i3-2120 Sandy Bride to a i5-3550 Ivy Bridge.  On startup, I did get an error when booting Windows 10 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, so I went into the new BIOS and changed my 'SATA Operation Mode' from IDE to ACHI and restarted.  The same error came back up, so I restarted in SAFE MODE and Window 10 loaded.  I then restarted and Windows 10 came up normally and all is working now.  I would like to thank MickeyJ for posting about the SATA operation mode fix and axxeem for the startup in Safe Mode and then restart - these really saved me!!  My system is up and running now - I have to thank this forum for that!!
Regards,
John
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 12:15am
That is awesome to hear, that is exactly what these forums are here for Thumbs Up
danduman2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danduman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 12:29pm
I am yet another person who achieved SUCCESS with 

1. Changing SATA mode to AHCI.

2. Booting into Safe Mode once first.

My issue was the same- ASRock P67 Extreme 4 motherboard, Windows 10 x64, 100% CPU usage. I updated the BIOS and had the same issue with BOOT_DEVICE_INACCESSIBLE. All better after the two steps above. THANK YOU to the original and everyone who posted after!!!!
thecitythatreads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecitythatreads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:08am
Like the last person, I am yet another person who achieved SUCCESS with 

1. Changing SATA mode to AHCI. (Both with the top controller and the marvell one)

My issue was the same- ASRock P67 Extreme 4 motherboard, Windows 10 x64. I had bios v 1.60. I have an i5-2500k. I updated the BIOS and had the same issue with BOOT_DEVICE_INACCESSIBLE. All better after the two steps above.  Thanks everyone
halvtomat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halvtomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 5:45pm
Hey guys, just made this account to say that my problem is still here.

Just like everybody else I updated the Bios to fix the 100% cpu problem, my board is not as fancy as yours doe so the latest update for me is 2.10. 

I have changed the sata option  to ahci and tried booting into safemode but safemode gives me the same "Inaccessible_boot_device" screen, i didnt find any marvell sata option in the bios, does anyone know if the marvell option thing even exists in the H67M motherboard?

Im thinking of just going back to windows 7 atm, ive had too many problems with windows 10.
Intel Core i7 2600, ASrock H67M, Sapphire HD 7950 vapor-x
Flamingoskive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamingoskive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:02pm
Hi people
I have a pc using a Asrock H67M-GE motherboard with bios update P1.40.
I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (free update) and the computer worked fine for a while.
Now, after about 2½ month the pc wont start. After the Asrock bios picture the screen goes black and all I get is a blinking cursor in the top left cornor and a short single beep-tone. 
I have not tried to update bios, and I can see my harddrive in bios - i've also tried to switch sata to AHCI, but no success.
Does anyone know what to do now?
Scruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 1:55am
Originally posted by jhoeschele02 jhoeschele02 wrote:

Just an update -- I found a post on Tom Hardware forum about a site that has the files that work with instant flash:

http://pctreiber.net/asrock-bios-downloads?dlsearch=Asrock+P67+Extreme4&sortby=date

I have updated my BIOS to Ver3.1 and changed my cpu from an i3-2120 Sandy Bride to a i5-3550 Ivy Bridge.  On startup, I did get an error when booting Windows 10 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, so I went into the new BIOS and changed my 'SATA Operation Mode' from IDE to ACHI and restarted.  The same error came back up, so I restarted in SAFE MODE and Window 10 loaded.  I then restarted and Windows 10 came up normally and all is working now.  I would like to thank MickeyJ for posting about the SATA operation mode fix and axxeem for the startup in Safe Mode and then restart - these really saved me!!  My system is up and running now - I have to thank this forum for that!!

Hi,
Having the same issue as you.
Did you happen to save a copy of the 3.1 Bios flash. The link to the download area now errors with the 404! Confused
If you have it, do you mind sharing?
Thx.
Scruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:33am
Originally posted by thecitythatreads thecitythatreads wrote:

Like the last person, I am yet another person who achieved SUCCESS with 

1. Changing SATA mode to AHCI. (Both with the top controller and the marvell one)

My issue was the same- ASRock P67 Extreme 4 motherboard, Windows 10 x64. I had bios v 1.60. I have an i5-2500k. I updated the BIOS and had the same issue with BOOT_DEVICE_INACCESSIBLE. All better after the two steps above.  Thanks everyone

Thanks, Clap I followed these step too (multiple times Shocked) and it finally worked. 

I could not get the download to work for the 3.1 flash (404 error). Given that I had been playing with this issue for a few weeks and I had resigned myself to getting a new Mobo I applied the 3.19 bios flash (what the hell, right?). It did not fix it directly but the steps above did (after also enter the boot info again). THANKS!
Now I have a new mobo/CPU/RAM coming. Guess I'mm build another PC... why not have two! Wink
Miek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:09am
Hi Scruff,

Do you have a download for 3.19?

I am currently suffering the same fate as everyone else with no other ideas.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic