ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange issue with BlueTooth Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurkerLito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange issue with BlueTooth Drivers
    Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:08am
Just wanted to mention this as a kind of warning because I was having a problem with upgrading the bluetooth drivers on my x399 Fatal1ty board. I upgraded to the latest on ASRock's site for Windows 10, and it completely removed (more like software killed) my bluetooth device after I installed the driver. I rebooted and even tried a different OS, but basically nothing. The radio for the BT device was just gone.

The Solution for getting it back was to clear the CMOS, then just reboot back into windows and it was working again with the latest drivers installed. Confused

I can confirm this is not isolated to the v19.60 drivers listed on ASRock's x399 driver page. It also happened to the very latest Intel BT drivers 19.80 that I upgraded to now. (I actually had to clear the CMOS again after I tried to install the 19.80 BT Drivers).

I am not going to try it now, but it might be wise to remove the BT drivers in device manager in windows before you attempt to upgrade the BT drivers. Maybe that way it won't kill it and make you clear the CMOS.

I have to say I really miss the clear CMOS button on the back of the ASUS motherboards. My machine is a tank and it's a real pain to have to move it and open it up to press the tiny button on the MB. Better than the old jumper method from days past, but seriously ASRock, consider putting a clear cmos button on the back panel also in your future designs.
AMD 1950x; ASRock X399 Fatal1ty V2.00; 64GB(4x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 CL14 (running 3066); EVGA 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid; Enermax TR4 360 AIO
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:39am
i got one on my x370 taichi Tongue

maybe they dont fit it to them cheap low end boards you got LOL >sarcasm<
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
LurkerLito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurkerLito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:14am
well Censored.! That would saved me a bunch of time. I don't really know about the usefulness of the flashback ports these days over a clear CMOS button.
AMD 1950x; ASRock X399 Fatal1ty V2.00; 64GB(4x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 CL14 (running 3066); EVGA 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid; Enermax TR4 360 AIO
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:21am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by LurkerLito LurkerLito wrote:

Just wanted to mention this as a kind of warning because I was having a problem with upgrading the bluetooth drivers on my x399 Fatal1ty board. I upgraded to the latest on ASRock's site for Windows 10, and it completely removed (more like software killed) my bluetooth device after I installed the driver. I rebooted and even tried a different OS, but basically nothing. The radio for the BT device was just gone.

The Solution for getting it back was to clear the CMOS, then just reboot back into windows and it was working again with the latest drivers installed.
Confused

I can confirm this is not isolated to the v19.60 drivers listed on ASRock's x399 driver page. It also happened to the very latest Intel BT drivers 19.80 that I upgraded to now. (I actually had to clear the CMOS again after I tried to install the 19.80 BT Drivers).

I am not going to try it now, but it might be wise to remove the BT drivers in device manager in windows before you attempt to upgrade the BT drivers. Maybe that way it won't kill it and make you clear the CMOS.

I have to say I really miss the clear CMOS button on the back of the ASUS motherboards. My machine is a tank and it's a real pain to have to move it and open it up to press the tiny button on the MB. Better than the old jumper method from days past, but seriously ASRock, consider putting a clear cmos button on the back panel also in your future designs.

If you check the download page of the Intel Bluetooth driver that wardog provided a link to above, the same one you are using, you can find these instructions:

How to install

1. Download the file to a folder on your PC.
  2. Uninstall current version of Intel Wireless Bluetooth Software.
  3. Double click on the file to launch installation.
The PC I'm currently using does not have a Bluetooth adapter, so I cannot check the installation program. It would be nice if Intel included that information when the BT driver installation begins. It might be there, but buried in one of the text displays that we usually just skip over. A lesson to be learned in that.

While I also miss a Clr CMOS button on my ASRock boards that do not have it (some do, some don't), the BIOS Flashback feature will be a lifesaver for many users.

When new, second generation compatible AMD TR processors are released, they may require a CPU microcode update contained in a UEFI update. Normally the UEFI update can only be done with a first generation TR processor installed. The BIOS Flashback feature saves those users that buy this board with only a second generation TR processor.

Intel has the same situation with their HEDT chipset boards for many years. You would be surprised how many people have no idea that this situation exists, and had to replace the UEFI chips. Now that replaceable UEFI chips are no longer available, this feature is the only workaround.

Edited by parsec - 14 Oct 2017 at 11:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurkerLito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

If you check the download page of the Intel Bluetooth driver that wardog provided a link to above, the same one you are using, you can find these instructions:

How to install

1. Download the file to a folder on your PC.
  2. Uninstall current version of Intel Wireless Bluetooth Software.
  3. Double click on the file to launch installation.
The PC I'm currently using does not have a Bluetooth adapter, so I cannot check the installation program. It would be nice if Intel included that information when the BT driver installation begins. It might be there, but buried in one of the text displays that we usually just skip over. A lesson to be learned in that.

It doesn't. I did it twice today. It happily just uninstalls it for you then installs the new one. Problem is once it installs the new one it no longer can find the BT Device. You'd think a reboot would fix it, but it doesn't. It's as if someone disabled it in the bios but the bios has no way to re-enable it manually, so you have to clear the CMOS to get it back.
While I also miss a Clr CMOS button on my ASRock boards that do not have it (some do, some don't), the BIOS Flashback feature will be a lifesaver for many users.

When new, second generation compatible AMD TR processors are released, they may require a CPU microcode update contained in a UEFI update. Normally the UEFI update can only be done with a first generation TR processor installed. The BIOS Flashback feature saves those users that buy this board with only a second generation TR processor.

Intel has the same situation with their HEDT chipset boards for many years. You would be surprised how many people have no idea that this situation exists, and had to replace the UEFI chips. Now that replaceable UEFI chips are no longer available, this feature is the only workaround.

It's not that I think we don't need a flashback button. Smile My argument is more having the clear CMOS button accessible outside the case is more useful than the bios flashback button on the outside. For example in the case you mention, your PC is going to be apart cause you will be putting in a new processor. While when OCing, and other things, you could have the PC all together already especially if you are testing if the airflow is good enough for your OC
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:55pm
its not a fix all but

you sound like yo have a play about with pc's

have you not got an old case laying around ?

remove the reset switch and cable from an old case
fit it to the jumper header and viola a cmos clear button/switch

Smile

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurkerLito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:10pm
Hmm is that button a jumper? It looked soldered on to me. I'd consider it if it was a jumper but I won't be soldering/desoldering things to the board. Big smile
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
no i mean the clr cmos jumpers on the boards

use the reset switch from an old case (the front panel header things)

route it thru the back of pc viola a clr cmos button externally

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurkerLito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:21am
Yeah I understood your meaning, but what clr cmos jumpers are you referring to? On the x399 fatality board? There aren't any. That is what I am talking about. If you mean on older motherboards, yeah I wouldn't do that now because I only have a couple left and they don't need it since they are already at optimal settings and running as file servers so I won't be making any major changes to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic