ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H97MITX/AC No boot after BIOS update to 1.80

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leathco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H97MITX/AC No boot after BIOS update to 1.80
    Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 3:36am
System info:  ASRock H97MITX/AC, Intel G3258, 16 GB Crucial RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD.  

I used the Windows BIOS updater on the main site to update the BIOS on my board to 1.80 so I could install Windows 10 with the G3258 without the microcode problems.  Upon system restart, the system stays at the ASRock boot screen and does not progress further.  Pressing F2 or DEL makes the speakers beep but does not enter into the BIOS.  I attempted to download the Instant Flash version of the BIOS to a USB stick on another computer, than inserted it into my H97ITX/AC computer and pressed F6 for instant flash, but it is also not entering into instant flash.  Is there anything that can be done to recover my BIOS?  My keyboard is lighting up when system powers on, and I have tried a second keyboard, that doesn't seem to be the problem.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 5:14am
You can try Clear CMOS.

I prefer to use the battery removal method to be certain its clear.

If that does not work you may have to try and get ASRock to send you a new BIOS chip. I suspect the clear should work though.

Good luck
leathco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leathco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 6:43pm
I tried resetting CMOS, with no luck.  I did finally find a solution.  I unplugged my webcam and USB headset, and than F6 worked to get into instant flash to reflash.  It booted fine after a reflash.  Thanks for your help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic