ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.7 incoming !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 2:53am
yes i have tweaked my windows to defer the foundation updates to the 3 month period extention

im no guina pig

got caught out before with a hard drive controller issue ........made my hard drive dissappear ! Ouch
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:40am
Thanks, SoniC.  I thought of FPG in my sleep last night.  I do my best thinking when I am asleep.  Now, SoniC, when datonyb was talking about BIOS Flashback, you said, "I always use USB Flash...".  Did you mean USB Flashback?  I have a RAID problem that I think is caused by data being left in BIOS somewhere and all the normal means (including Flashing) cannot get rid of it.  I never wanted to be the Guinea pig for Flashback.  Have you used it or know anyone that has?  Thanks again.
datonyb, I have updated this system and my R7 1800X to W10 1709.16299.19  (AKA, RS3 and Fall Creators) and both are doing fine.
Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 5:29am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Thanks, SoniC.  I thought of FPG in my sleep last night.  I do my best thinking when I am asleep.  Now, SoniC, when datonyb was talking about BIOS Flashback, you said, "I always use USB Flash...".  Did you mean USB Flashback?  I have a RAID problem that I think is caused by data being left in BIOS somewhere and all the normal means (including Flashing) cannot get rid of it.  I never wanted to be the Guinea pig for Flashback.  Have you used it or know anyone that has?  Thanks again.
datonyb, I have updated this system and my R7 1800X to W10 1709.16299.19  (AKA, RS3 and Fall Creators) and both are doing fine.
Enjoy, John.

i can recommend

yestechcity you tube video walk thru to remove/disable most of the windows bloatware-data mining extras from windows 10 fcu, he has actually posted an updated one today
unless you want
weather/location tracking/minesweeper/candycrush/etc etc etc etc etc all running in background LOL

regarding bios files being left

chew (brian macloughlin) who actually works with amd on some topics
did indeed mention he has found stray bios strings/code in bios after he flashed back to earlier versions

his solution was to use the dos based flasher which seems to erase blocks rather than add to them

i dont know if your tr has dos options for bios though

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:16am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Enjoy, John.

Yes, normally I use USB Flashing from UEFI, however for bigger revisions (like my AGESA tests) I also used flashbacks...  Had 4 pen drives with different versions of UEFI on them for the tests lol.
Really simple process if you ask me. Same as UEFI flash except you need to name the file "creative.rom" and it must be in the root dir.
Then plug the stick into the flashback USB port (see manual) check, that the PSU is turned on (no need to turn on the MoBo, it needs just to be powered) and press & hold the flashback button for 3 seconds.
LED starts blinking, wait... led stops blinking = finished.
If it turns to a solid color means you did something incorrectly (e.g. wrong port - happened to me too ;) no brick - repluged to correct one & repeated). 
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:21am
UPDATE: 
first test version of UEFI 2.0 for X399 Taichi is out! (jzelectronic.de)
Looking into it right now ! :-)
No changelog for now.

BIOS date 21.11.2017
Addition (not sure if real -- comparing X399 FPG 1.8 to 2.0 Taichi) :
BT switch on/off

AGESA ID :  ThreadRipperPI-SP3r2-1.0.0.4

Don't see any additional memory settings in this one.

Edited by SoniC - 22 Nov 2017 at 8:33am
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:26pm
well so far bios agesa 1007/1070

dosnt seem to be the magic pill some were waiting for

whats changed ?
it seems the ability to set/have xmp voltage applied at cold boot (e.g. 1.35 volts and not 1.2 volts)

connected to above or not ability to *TRY* to boot at higher ram speeds (some asus ch6 guys have got a response at 3733)  the key word being try to boot, i dont think anyone has got into windows and done any test at 3733 with any form of luck

a few users are reporting 'slower' latencies at same settings with ram tests

overall it sounds like another similar step in the right direction,but not great leap forward

i dont think we expected much more
theres no telling as yet if support for less 'high end' NON-samsung b dies ram sticks using micron/hynix has vastly improved as most asus ch6 owners are using decent sticks of ram
for the whole am4 community and future sales and success i hope they have tried to stablise these more low-mid range ram sticks esp, considering the extreme high price of ALL  ddr4 at the moment

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:30am
SoniC, I just did a flashback and it went fine.  It did not correct my RAID problem.  I still see a RAID0 that I cannot delete.  I have requested an RMA for my board.  Thanks and enjoy, john
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Soccah123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soccah123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:49am
I sense your frustration Mister.  But it's just unfortunate state of business as usual. 

All mobo manufacturers are understaffed to handle this kind of CPU influx into the market.  Ryzen; Threadripper; Kabylake-X; Coffee Lake; Skylake-X.  Mobo manufacturers were used to an intel monopoly, where they would have time to slowly putting things out and properly test them.

In the space of a year, we've seen more new CPU skews than I can remember in 10 years. You think a single one of these mobo manufacturers doubled or tripled their staff to test such an influx of new products? Hell nah. It's that bottom dolla bottom line.

The only thing ASRock/Asus/Gigabyte/MSI have to ensure is that their mobos have at least the semblance of functionality so that their public reputation isn't too rattled, so that people can continue buying CPUs and Mobos. What they didn't realize, is if they all suck at once -- as they're doing now -- it's not so bad since the consumer has nowhere else to go, except of course to wait.

In any case, I'd give AM4 mobos till about June of next year till they can run smoothly without issues. For some boards there is of course no solution as the problems are hardware oriented (Asus fancontrollers, Gigabyte audio crackling).

But hey, even when we win, we lose.
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 3:27am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

well so far bios agesa 1007/1070
[...]
it seems the ability to set/have xmp voltage applied at cold boot (e.g. 1.35 volts and not 1.2 volts)
[...]

For some (like me) it might be the last puzzle piece to the actual solution.
I got the 4x kit 64GB 3200 CL14 (1.35V) stable on RyZEN (of course this was already on beta AGESA 1006), now IF they apply the same medicine also to TR + fix the cold boot then my kit _might_ just be able to boot @3200. 
And if it boots - I will get it stable..

Edited by SoniC - 23 Nov 2017 at 3:35am
-=SoniC=-
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:12am
you run the 1usmus ryzen ram calculator ?

its pretty dam good at sorting out these last tweaks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic