ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 and Dual M.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Nikolas Nikolas wrote:

Hello.I have AB 350nm pro 4 mobo.I have one ssd samsung 250 evo in m2_1 slot and i want to put another one Kingston A2000 1Tb.Did anyone know if is that possible?Because the m2_2 slot it doesnt work.thank you and excuse me for my bad English language!

Specs mention this:
M2_2 and SATA3_3 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the other one will be disabled.

Make sure you don't have anything plugged in into your SATA3_3 connector.
Your motherboard has 4 SATA connectors on right hand side. Check your Manual page 8, which shows which one of the connectors is Sata3_3. If anything is plugged into it, disconnect and use other 3 ports.

Hope this helps
folding@home
Nikolas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikolas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 5:44am
Thank you about your first response.I have tried but still nothing.Any other suggestions??
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:11pm
In BIOS Advanced page select Storage Configuration, enter.
Make sure SATA is enabled, and I take it Sata Mode is AHCI.
On the same page, check that nothing is detected next to SATA3_3.
Also worth a try temporary putting your Kingston SSD into primary M.2 slot to see if SSD is not faulty. And for a change plug Samsung SSD into secondary slot afterwards. Do it one by one. Keep in mind secondary M.2 slot is not bootable, so you can boot Windows out of SSD placed in it
folding@home
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:13pm
The last sentence was supposed to say "you can't boot Windows"
folding@home
jdillipl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdillipl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 3:41am
Nicolas, your Kingston A2000 1Tb is a PCIe SSD, which is incompatible with the M2_2 socket you are trying to use it with. Per the user guide M2_2 is compatible with SATA SSDs only.

Jake
Asrock X370 Killer SLI/ac, Amd Ryzen 7 1700, GSkill FlareX F4-2400C16D-32GFX, RaidMax Thunder V2 735W PS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic