ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] ASRock X370 Taichi cold boot error 54

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 6:19am
can you not borrow some ram from a friend or family ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Misant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

can you not borrow some ram from a friend or family ?

Hi,

Yep I found a random (brand) working DDR4 2133 ram stick from an intel computer and tested with it... same issue, stuck on error code 54. So now we know that ram and PSU can't be the issue. It's CPU or motherboard. CPU was RMA so it should be motherboard or I'm rly rly rly unlucky.

I had an answer from asrock support, I will answer them and update my post later with pics and informations (but as I can see this will end to RMA).

Edited by Misant - 31 Oct 2017 at 8:11pm
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:04am
ok thanks for coming back to update us

knowing end results helps us to help everyone
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ucsmfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ucsmfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:03pm
Last few weeks I've been getting a bios code error 30 on my x370 taichi mobo. The computer would randomly restart. Yesterday and today, I've been getting error 00 and my computer would just go black. I'll do a hard reset and my computer works fine again. 

Any idea why this is happening ? 

Thanks
Misant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 5:58am
Hello,

So, ASrock support team told me to check if my CPU was rly swapped during RMA process. So answer is yes, first was UA 1713PGT and second is UA 1711SUS

One picture of test with random DDR4 (erk)

And it's confirmed, I have to RMA the board.

Before and after RMA I have to check if problem still present with a test outside the case.
I will do it but actually I'm also checking for segfault issue. I want to use the motherboard RMA downtime to also replace the CPU.
Test is positive :

Next update if I have an answer from AMD.

/!\ Segfault issue and this error 54 issue have absolutly no link between them. Segfault issue can affect every ryzen 7 CPU before week 25 on all motherboard

Originally posted by ucsmfu ucsmfu wrote:

Last few weeks I've been getting a bios code error 30 on my x370 taichi mobo. The computer would randomly restart. Yesterday and today, I've been getting error 00 and my computer would just go black. I'll do a hard reset and my computer works fine again. 

Any idea why this is happening ? 

Thanks

Could you please open your own thread ? Wink
It will be usefull to give more information (hardware ? bios version ? settings changed in bios ? "...")
In general 00 is overclock failed. Don't know for 30.

Edited by Misant - 03 Nov 2017 at 6:17am
Misant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 6:26pm
Good news, RMA for cpu (segmentation fault issue) was accepted by AMD (rly fast answer).
I'm thinking about waiting for the new cpu, test again and RMA the board if needed (depends of shipping time for new cpu)

Edited by Misant - 07 Nov 2017 at 6:26pm
Misant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Misant Misant wrote:

Good news, RMA for cpu (segmentation fault issue) was accepted by AMD (rly fast answer).
I'm thinking about waiting for the new cpu, test again and RMA the board if needed (depends of shipping time for new cpu)

Hello,

Good news, new CPU received today from AMD. It's week 42. 
I will do some tests when I will be back from work and report the results here.

Edit: And... still have the cold boot error 54 :/ so I will RMA the board.

Edited by Misant - 18 Nov 2017 at 1:59am
Misant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 5:30pm
Hello,

New ASrock taichi received from RMA last week.
I did some test and no more issue :)
Everything is now working.
Now I'm near stable (have to finish some stability tests) with 4 ghz 1.392vcore and ram at 3200 with XMP settings (but increased  ram voltage to 1.40) and 1.075 SOC.
I did :
- 20 pass intel burn test 8192 mo tested
- 12h prime95
- actually testing ram with HCI memtest (16 x 800mo).

The only issue is the multi bug but the workaroung with offset voltage + pstate is working so it's ok for me (maybe the next bios will fix this).

Edit : I forgot to say, I'm realy happy with the quality of support provided by ASRock. They don't let their customer down when facing an issue (same as AMD, when I did a RMA for the CPU). 

Misant

Edited by Misant - 04 Dec 2017 at 9:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic