ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with h110 btc+ no boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bpay14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpay14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with h110 btc+ no boot
    Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:33am
i just encounter the same issue... 

it was running with my PSU when i installing win10, i had my GPU directly put on the motherboard pciex16 slot.. everything was good.. 

after all configuration, setup the mining rig, with 6 GPU all connected to riser.. it was still ok.. 

then i start to run the mining job... after 5mins.. all shutdown, and will never boot up again.. 

what happens??DeadDead
cy52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cy52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 9:06am
Same here :(  Was really looking forward to this and no power to anything... what's up with this?  Tried 2 diff CPUs, 3 diff RAM, and 3 diff PSU.  
EdS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 7:45am
I returned my asrock Mobo for and bought a gigabyte mining h110 board... and my rig was up and running within a few days. I want to use the Asrock.. but it doesn't seem like its a useble set up.
pro11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pro11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 6:08am
I have the same problem. My Mining Rig was working just fine with MSI Z170A SLI Plus motherboard and 5 GPU's, but I wanted to have more GPU's , so I an AsRock H110 yesterday, mounted everything like in the PDF, but I couldn't boot it, nothing on the screen, not even the BIOS. My Screen is connected to the DVI port on the MoBo, but says "NO Signal".
I booted this morning with a Windows 10 SSD, it started, then when I turned it off to change BIOS settings, but to no avail. I'm stripping it from everything, just to see if I can get to the BIOS, nothing.

EdS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:38am
this diagram does not show the 8 pin near the cpu being plugged in? Thoughts?

http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/asrock-h110-pro-btc-plus-motherboard-3.jpg
EdS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:21am
There was no OS... it never got that far. The PSU just clicks.. the mobo will not do anything. No cpu fan.. nothing. No boot screen.. no chance to insert bootable thumbdrive with windows 10.

EdS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:19am
Thanks for the response!

PSU is brand new evga 1300 g2 gold, plugged into mobo with the following, per the pdf..

1 x 24 pin
1x 8 pin near CPU
2x molex 4 pin
1 x SATA power
1x fan plug

PSU spins up just fine when tested with EVGA "tester" that jumps the 2 pins. 

Mobo is mounted in an open case, on stand off screws with red felt washer and correct screw.. screws and mobo is on clear plexiglass.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by EdS EdS wrote:

Hello all.. any help would be appreciated.. I;ve tried everything, and am getting nowhere..

I have the mining board H110 BTC+, and have it set up with evga 1300 G2. I have followed the mining set up PDF, and installed the following:

CPU I3 7100
8 gb RAM
PSU evga 1300 G2
5 GTX 1070's on powered risers.

Problem is, the board will not boot. I ran power as directed to Molex pins.. 8 pin board ATX, 24 pin, and board SATA as illustrated in PDF. 

I have swapped out CPU's.. I have changed RAM, RAM slots, I have tested PSU.. but when you hit the small power button on the MoBo, you hear a small click from the PSU, and nothing. Only sign that there is power is small yellow light blinking on ethernet cable housing. 

There is no sign of a short.. or other issue. The board doesn't so anything... thoughts?

It sounds like the PSU is not starting due to a fault of some kind, the click possibly being a protective relay. Where/how is the board mounted? On some kind of open frame PC case? It might be the PSU's over power/current protection is kicking in, but I can't be sure. Have you used the PSU in the past?

You said you followed the the mining setup PDF. Not sure where you are with that, so to review from that document:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/BTC/H110%20Pro%20BTC+.pdf

You installed the first (single, one card) mining kit. So one video card in the board.

You then started the board, installed the OS (Windows ??), and installed the board's basic drivers, and then the Nvidia/EVGA graphics driver. The PC boots and works fine in that configuration, checking the video card and driver in Device Manager.

You then went through the sequence of installing the second video card, booting into Windows, verifying the video card is listed in Device Manager fine. You then continued this sequence for each of the video cards, until five were installed, correct?

So at what point did the PC or PSU fail to start? Seems to be after adding the fifth video card, but that is not clear from your post. But you have seen the PC work with fewer than five video cards in it, correct?

The LED on the network input blinking when the PC is not running but connected to a PSU is the PSU's standby power supply partially powering the board, including the networking chip.
EdS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:38am
Hello all.. any help would be appreciated.. I;ve tried everything, and am getting nowhere..

I have the mining board H110 BTC+, and have it set up with evga 1300 G2. I have followed the mining set up PDF, and installed the following:

CPU I3 7100
8 gb RAM
PSU evga 1300 G2
5 GTX 1070's on powered risers.

Problem is, the board will not boot. I ran power as directed to Molex pins.. 8 pin board ATX, 24 pin, and board SATA as illustrated in PDF. 

I have swapped out CPU's.. I have changed RAM, RAM slots, I have tested PSU.. but when you hit the small power button on the MoBo, you hear a small click from the PSU, and nothing. Only sign that there is power is small yellow light blinking on ethernet cable housing. 

There is no sign of a short.. or other issue. The board doesn't so anything... thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic