ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 Pro BTC+ Cannot boot with more than 9 GPU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H110 Pro BTC+ Cannot boot with more than 9 GPU
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
Hi,

I'm having issues with my H110 Pro BTC+. It won't boot (don't even get BIOS) with more than 9 GPUs installed, on the 10th i get the issue, 9 works fine. I've followed the miners guide and ensured both molex plugs and the Sata connector (so 3 in total) are connected on the motherboard and are also using 3 separate cables back to the master PSU. Can anyone help? OS doesnt matter since it doesnt get that far.

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs
3 x Corsair HX 1200 PSUs (1200 Watts each).

Is there perhaps some sort of undocumented issue with the board not supporting these cards? They require two 8pin PCI-E power connectors each, my power draw should be fine though, I have one PSU dedicated to the mother board and the other two PSUs for the GFX cards.

Limoubai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limoubai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 11:01pm
Hi, I have the same problem. Cannot boot even in bios, with more than 9 gpus.

ashrafnezhad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashrafnezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 2:41am
Hi,
 I have same problem with
ETHOS
8 gig ram ddr4
12 gpu rx 470 8gig sapphire
brian.egan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian.egan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:44am
Same issue here. Has anybody managed to resolve it?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:09am
It's difficult to diagnose these issues, multiple things can affect the detection of the video cards when you use ten or more. If there were simple solutions for this, we would not hesitate to tell you about them. The best I can do is offer some suggestions.

Please check the FAQ for your board, there are three topics related to mining:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#FAQ

Follow the instructions in the board's manual, section 2.7 PCIe Power Connector Installation Guide, very carefully:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H110%20Pro%20BTC+.pdf

Clearing the UEFI/BIOS, including removing the board's battery, might help with 10+ video cards.

Be sure that the Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment option in the UEFI, Chipset Configuration screen, is enabled. It is by default.

Set the VT-d option, Chipset Configuration, to Disabled.

Check that all the ASPM options in Chipset Configuration are Disabled.

Set the IOAPIC 24-119 Entries option to Enabled if it is disabled.

One other possibility is the amount of DRAM memory you are using. The OS/Windows reserves some of the PC's memory for system use with hardware like video cards. The amount allocated depends on how much memory is available overall. If not enough memory is available, more cards won't be detected. Normally Windows will boot in that situation, but the card(s) won't be recognized.

Related to this is how much memory is allocated to the Intel iGPU. Set the Share Memory option, in Chipset Configuration, as low as possible. Also be sure to set the IGPU Multi-Monitor to disabled, IF you do NOT use the Intel iGPU.

Disable as much of the unused hardware you can in the UEFI. Such as, Onboard HD Audio, Onboard HDMI HD Audio, Serial Port and Parallel Port.

Do not use the Fast Boot option, keep it Disabled.

Try increasing the PCH/Chipset voltage with the PCH Voltage option, and the VCCIO Voltage in the OC Tweaker\Voltage Configuration screen.

You can file a support request with ASRock in the appropriate region. That is the Contact Technical Support for (MB/Mini PC/IPC) from this page, or the Support link at the top right of the information page for you board in your region of the world:

http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp

Zjenep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zjenep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Someone else who could not use more than 9 GPUs was using "mining edition" cards without graphics output. So he had to use the iGPU to get graphics output.

Once he placed (another) graphics card with graphics output in the main PCIe slot (PCIE2) and disabled IGPU Multi-Monitor, he could suddenly use more than 9 GPUs and fill up the rest of the slots.
dawood121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawood121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:57am
I have the same problem, will not power on or POST with 6 GPUs. I'm disappointed with this board - it's BRAND NEW !! and it won't even post!.
Limoubai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limoubai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:08am
I tried the purpose of Zjenep but it does not work. The same problem, with 9 gpus it boots (can access to the bios), with 10 gpus not (cannot access to the bios).

Please @Asrock help us!

eodbrent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eodbrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 4:20am
Same here, but 6 GPU works, 7 freezes and load screen.

It's been almost 4 days since I submitted a support ticket as well, no response.
fiezo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiezo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 5:48pm
Help, i have same issue, 9 cards working fine, but when i connect 10th it stuck on ethos boot can't get to terminal. HELP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic