ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 Pro BTC+ Cannot boot with more than 9 GPU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mianusman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:48am
Same Problem facing  with  H110 Pro BTC+.
  function d_log(s) { var ev = document.createEvent('events'); ev.initEvent('heartbeat_log', true, false); document.body.setAttribute('heartbeat_attrib', s); document.dispatchEvent(ev); };
monoroto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monoroto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:25am
Same here; have a H110 BTC, 8gb ram, 2 x 1200 PSUs, 6 RX580s and 4 RX570s. All 10 cards register and show up in Ethos, but will not mine. If i unplug any one card, the remaining 9 mine just fine.
MaxMidnite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxMidnite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:46pm
When does AsRock plan to fix this joke?
snoozer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoozer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:08pm
I too am having this issue. Anybody got a fix, or just never get ASROCK again and go for b250 mining?
ofardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 7:17am
Same problem...  Asrock have solve this problem? someone else?
I have 1.6 bios and nothing
dboghosian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dboghosian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:43pm
Having same issue. I bought this board so I can run all 13 gpus.

All of my gpus are EVGA Gforce 1660 ti cards. Windows sees all gpus and runs great. As soon as I start mining the system crashes. Mainly the nvidia drivers crash and thus my system goes to blue screen.

After many tests, I believe some of the gpu ports on the motherboard are bad. At this moment, I am able to mine with 10 gpus without any crashes or errors showing up in event log.

I will be ordering another ASRock motherboard to see if it actually is a motherboard issue or not.
cts6288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cts6288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
I'm also having this issue and wondering if there has been a resolution? I've updated to 1.60, have 8 AMD V56s running stable with 5 I'd like to use. A #9 will boot but not stable after 1-2 hours of hashing, #10 will not start POST (or at least no onboard display nor RDP access.) I've swapped out cards and risers and tried combinations of different slots. I've changed PCIe from Auto to Gen2, and I have enough wattage to run all 1600+860. Also have an i5, 8GB RAM, and 120GB page file. Any ideas on how to get 13 AMD GPUs on this rig? After such I'll probably get a 13 1660Ti GPU rig going...
SanFarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 4:37pm
I successfully run 13 GPUs in AsRock H110 Pro BTC+ for a long time.

It's not an easy handle motherboard and it took for a while for me to understand how to run it with 13 GPU. But once you set it everything correctly it runs quite good and stable.

You have to connect both power inlets (molex powwer sockets on motherboard). Otherwise there will be not enough power to run all 13 PCIE slots.

- First, Reset BIOS by removing BIOS battery (wait at least 30 seconds)
- Connect just one GPU to the x16 slot (longest one). Power up (push button on motherboard) and enter BIOS. Modify the values in BIOS as written below:

OC Tweaker\Voltage Conf:
PCH VoH: 1200 mV
VCCIO: 1200 mV

Advanced\Chipset Conf:
Above 4GB mmio: Enabled
VT-d: Disabled
All PCIE link speeds: Gen2
All ASPM Supports: Disabled
IOAPIC 24-119: Enabled
IGPU: Enabled
HD Audio: Disbaled
Reset Power Loss: power ON

-Save and exit BIOS

-Run your rig with only one GPU
- If everything seems OK (1 GPU is mining) now you can pass to stage for remaining 12 GPUs

-Restart it and enter BIOS. In Boot section disable CSM.
-Save and exit. When rebooted, cut the power before boot! (that's important)

-Now connect all GPUs to the remaining x1 slots (short ones). Check that all GPU?�risers sand power connections are provided and correct.

-Power on again and suddenly All 13 GPUs should be recognized and work without any problem.

One important point!: If number of connected GPUs drop to below 10, CSM will be enabled automatically and it will not boot. In this case you have to clear BIOS again by removing BIOS battery, wait 30 seconds and start everything from beginning.

If you let it boot with 9 or less than 9 GPU, CSM will be enabled automatically and you will not be able to run more than 9 GPU

SanFarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:13pm
And another issue you may encounter.
This motherboard does not boot, if more than 9 GPU connected and if not a monitor is connected!
For any reason, if it's rebooted while running 9+ GPU, and if there is no monitor connection it stucks and never boot again. Even if you connect a monitor and restart it. You have to clear BIOS and start everything from scratch again.

I've tried many things to solve this problem but no avail.
Finally I found a solution: I bought a cheap monitor for a few dollars (with broken screen)and connected it to GPU0 with a HDMi cable. I keep it on stand-by mode. Now it's reboot without any problem. When rebooted it sees the standby monitor and boots successfully. Since then I never experienced any boot problem.

It's stange but works only this way.
cts6288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cts6288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 3:29am
Originally posted by SanFarm SanFarm wrote:

And another issue you may encounter.
This motherboard does not boot, if more than 9 GPU connected and if not a monitor is connected!
For any reason, if it's rebooted while running 9+ GPU, and if there is no monitor connection it stucks and never boot again. Even if you connect a monitor and restart it.

I've learned quite a bit since posting on this a year ago. First, I can get to 13 if I boot from UEFI vs. Legacy. Problem is that every once in a while this board kicks me back to Legacy anyway.

However, to resolve your issue without a monitor, get a DVI dummy plug for a few bucks from Amazon and that will send the same signal as if a monitor is plugged in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic