ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motherboard dont detect gpu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cunhak9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motherboard dont detect gpu
    Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 4:43am
Hi
I just bought a asrock h61m-dgs r2.0 and a gtx 970 g1 gaming but i cant make the motherboard/windows to detect the gtx970.
The gtx 970 is working(tested on other pc)
The MB pcie is working( tested with other lower graphic card)
I have all the pcie connectors on( the logo and fans working), fresh windows install, can enter on windows with the cpu onboard graphic (i5 2500k) but cant detect the gtx 970.
Theres no new bios update also for the MB.
What can i do more?

camomatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camomatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 7:10am
Try going into the BIOS and under the Advanced tab, check for the North Bridge Configuration. In there, you will see an option for what Primary Graphics Adapter you're using. Make sure it's set to PCI Express.

If that doesn't work, there might be an option for "Legacy Mode" somewhere tucked away in there. This might be able to help you, but I can't say for sure.

If you had graphics card in there before the 970, did you uninstall its drivers first? Not sure if this would make much of a difference.
Asrock H81M-ITX, Intel Pentium G3258 (4.1GHz), GTX 750, 8GB RAM

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, Intel i7 3770 (4.1GHz), 2x GTX 980, 16GB RAM
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 12:55pm
The suggestions by camomatt are good, always set the Primary Graphics Adapter to the device you want to use.

I can tell you that you won't fine a "Legacy Mode" option in your BIOS.

If your BIOS has the IGPU Multi-Monitor option, be sure to set it to Disabled.

Another basic thing you should (must) do whenever you add a new piece of hardware is clear the CMOS/BIOS before you start the PC for the first time after installing the new card.

Be sure to reset any required BIOS option settings you use after clearing the CMOS/BIOS, as you'll have all default values after clearing the CMOS.

You still might not be able to get the new card recognized. I suggest trying several restarts and press the Reset button in order to get the new card recognized, even after clearing the CMOS/BIOS.

If all this does not work, let us know.
cunhak9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cunhak9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 8:01am
I tested all of that before i posted here.
Yes bios is set with pcie as first source, already did alot of restarts pc and reset bios/cmos, igpu m-m is disabled by default.
Tested with only the gpu inside, no other divices and still no picture, tested all the input of the graphic card( dviĀ“s and hdmi) and with diferent monitors, still no picture on boot.
I mailed asrock with the problem and they said:

please check following:

- remove CPU and check if there is any pin bended or broken in CPU socket : ( really?)

- check if your power supply can support all the hardware you are using.  (tested with only the gpu connected with a psu corsair tx650w so power is enough)

- use CLRCMOS jumper on mainboard to re-set BIOS to default. See manual for more details. (done alot)

- test if possible the CPU + graphic card on another system if they are working well. (cant test the cpu on other MB because i dont have other 1155socket mb, if i had i didnt had to bought this asrock!)

- remove the mainboard from chassis and test again. maybe a short-circuit from chassis to mainboard? (done, tested also outside the chassis)

A defect on the hardware itself is still possible. Please contact your dealer for further help.

Lugh85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lugh85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 9:22am
i feel your pain my friend.  I'm having similar problems.  I actually had your problem as well when I first made this build i'm running now.  I was running off of the onboard graphics because the MB didn't like my GPU.  May I suggest something rather silly?  Strip down your system a bit.  Take half of the RAM out, if you have a RAID setup, only use a single HD or SSD, get rid of all your "luxury" peripherals, and then.... and only then, reboot (meaning boot up your system on utilizing the onboard graphics, and correctly sh*t it down) five or six times.  This should act like a slap in the face for the MB.  Another thing you can try....If you can remove the drivers on for your card, do it.... then reinstall them, and follow it by the rebooting routine I just suggested.
cunhak9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cunhak9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Lugh85 Lugh85 wrote:

i feel your pain my friend.  I'm having similar problems.  I actually had your problem as well when I first made this build i'm running now.  I was running off of the onboard graphics because the MB didn't like my GPU.  May I suggest something rather silly?  Strip down your system a bit.  Take half of the RAM out, if you have a RAID setup, only use a single HD or SSD, get rid of all your "luxury" peripherals, and then.... and only then, reboot (meaning boot up your system on utilizing the onboard graphics, and correctly sh*t it down) five or six times.  This should act like a slap in the face for the MB.  Another thing you can try....If you can remove the drivers on for your card, do it.... then reinstall them, and follow it by the rebooting routine I just suggested.

Already did it all, i tested only mb+gpu+1memory connected, then one by one adding the hdd, then other memory ram, then the dvd-rom...
I only have the intel cpu integraded gpu drivers, fresh windows install.

ps: did you find what was your problem?

Edited by cunhak9 - 18 Aug 2015 at 2:13pm
Lugh85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lugh85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 9:47am
In all  honesty, I don't recall what exactly I did to fix the problem.  If memory serves, it was something silly like I had one of the power cords unplugged from the PSU.  I was kicking myself for days.  
levinnelio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinnelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 7:56pm
Hey, did you find your problem? I have a similar issue, two gtx 770 eith fans spinning and power lights green, but it is not detected anywhere. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic