ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BeeBox S Resolution not supported on Samsung TV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BeeBox S Resolution not supported on Samsung TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lava890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BeeBox S Resolution not supported on Samsung TV
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:44pm
I have a Beebox-S 7200U connected by HDMI to a Samsung TV, running Windows 10 Professional. It has worked fine for the past 9 months. A few days ago, my TV won't display any picture once Windows starts up (the splash screen displays fine), and the TV shows a message "Mode not supported. Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device". I have tried changing the HDMI cable, and when I plug a blu-ray player into the same port, the TV display is fine.

I have logged into the Beebox remotely with Teamviewer and verified the resolution refresh rate are correct. I have tried changing the resolution down to 720p, and it still will not display. When I install the old VGA driver from the Beebox support page, or roll back the video driver to the previous Windows display driver from July 2016, everything works correctly. Then Windows automatically updates the driver and it stops working again.

Are you aware of any issues with the newest Intel display driver? Any other solutions to try?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
Microsoft does it again....

You will have to roll back the driver to the one that worked then:

Edited by Xaltar - 13 Nov 2017 at 11:16pm
lava890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lava890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:46am
Thanks, I did do that. But it would be nice to be able to enable updates to drivers in the future.

I want to make sure ASrock is aware of this, and see if I?™m the only one with the problem.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 3:31am
In this instance, the issue comes from Microsoft trying to force drivers down users throats without testing them. Devices like the Beebox (and other NUCs) often use modified drivers, MS should not be force updating, particularly not Display and other critical drivers.

Windows 10 is an evolving OS, MS will eventually work out the kinks. Driver updates to anything other than display drivers tend to be unnecessary unless they fix bugs, plug security holes or add features. Basically, if the system is working well and stable, there is no need to mess with the drivers at all. Disabling automatic driver updates will not harm your system at all. 

ASRock is not responsible for Microsoft's policies. That said, it's good to have this information here for any other beebox users that run into your issue. 

Thanks for posting Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic