ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel Management Engine Issue INTEL-SA-00086 Fix
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Management Engine Issue INTEL-SA-00086 Fix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1hai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:43am
@jclausius @2ndLastJedi @tsunami2311

After a long, long time, here you go 

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7183&PID=42350
2ndLastJedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndLastJedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:39am
What is it?
M1hai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1hai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:05am
The fix for the Obsolete Licensing thing. It's in the link on the anterior reply.
Milkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:57pm
I used the update found in that link, and that actually got my Intel ME up to a more recent version. I was using the one found on the ASrock downloads page, and it wouldnt update me beyond the version that was dated 6/2017. Now my ME driver version is dated 1/2018, so that's good. 

However intel just got back to me and said they wont be supporting SGX on the x299 chipset, so none of this matters for me. RMA time. I wont be saddled with a board and CPU that can only do 50% of what I built them to do, and it isn't my fault that a burdensome, mostly broken type of DRM was added to the chipset AFTER IT LEFT THE PRODUCTION LINE. That is a "gotcha" situation that I will not be dealing with. 
Milkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:01pm
Sorry - should have said that despite installing the above ME, my CPU/chipset are still vulnerable to the SA-00086 thing. 
Milkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:15am
I've noticed the new (2.00) firmware is posted in the BIOS section for the x299 boards. 

Has anyone.... done any testing on this code? Is there any feedback from bench testing? I am feeling very low-confidence about all this, and I don't plan on installing mitigation firmware that potentially contains more issues, or more support for more DRM issues...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:17am
Meltdown and Spectre BIOS fix?
Milkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:28am
Milkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:30am
Hey @Wardog, I can no longer reply to your PMs. System says I've exceeded my hourly limit of 5 msgs. Stern Smile
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Milkman Milkman wrote:

Hey @Wardog, I can no longer reply to your PMs. System says I've exceeded my hourly limit of 5 msgs. Stern Smile

hahahaha

Try seeing that from my side when I have 2-3 PM sessions going a night.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic