ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ethernet not working with as350m mobo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jahnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethernet not working with as350m mobo
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:13am
So first of all, I know my router works and I know the ethernet cable works.

This is my network status I get throughout all these steps:

Steps to solve:

I first tried to installed the all in one drivers from here:

but when i pressed setup nothing really happened in the background processes the process AMD Software and AMD Software (32-bit) were running for a bit and then briefly end.

Next I installed the Realtek Lan drivers and that was successful and it showed that my device was working under network adapters: 

But still no internet.

I tried running a trouble shoot and that would even fail towards the end: 

If I am not mistaken I am still receiving packets from my router though:

I dont know whether I screwed up something in the hardware, installing the os, or installing the drivers correctly. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by jahnjo jahnjo wrote:

So first of all, I know my router works and I know the ethernet cable works.

This is my network status I get throughout all these steps:

Steps to solve:

I first tried to installed the all in one drivers from here:

but when i pressed setup nothing really happened in the background processes the process AMD Software and AMD Software (32-bit) were running for a bit and then briefly end.

Next I installed the Realtek Lan drivers and that was successful and it showed that my device was working under network adapters: 

But still no internet.

I tried running a trouble shoot and that would even fail towards the end: 

If I am not mistaken I am still receiving packets from my router though:

I dont know whether I screwed up something in the hardware, installing the os, or installing the drivers correctly. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

What OS or version of Windows are you using?

I don't understand what happened when you ran the AMD chipset driver installer. You should have seen a dialog box open and display the files being installed the entire time the installation program is running. As I recall, you are even prompted at one point to start or continue the installation. You should right click on the installation file and select Run as administrator.

Besides running the Windows troubleshooter, did you run the Network and Sharing Center option, Set up a new connection or network feature? That is needed sometimes.

If you check the two small LEDs just above and below the Ethernet input, are they on or flashing? The upper/left orange Activity/Link LED should be either flashing or on, and the lower/right Speed LED should be either orange or green.

If you are receiving packets as your screenshot indicated, the problem may be in the setup of the Internet connection. The error in the diagnostic is strange, try running the Set up new connection option. You should have "Internet" for the IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity entries.

jahnjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jahnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:24pm
Windows 10

Ok, so regarding the chipset drivers. When I run "setup" as administrator I get the user access control dialogue, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" I hit yes and then I get spinning circle next to my cursor and then nothing happens. Thats when I checked the background processes and just had those two amd processes show up. So that seems to be A problem.
https://imgur.com/a/GZqmj
https://imgur.com/a/ihWaM

I tried setup a new network and nothing shows up for choosing an access point you want to configure. Yes, I waited longer than 90 seconds:
https://imgur.com/a/fUzsl

The LED above my ethernet cable is a more yellow color and it is not blinking and the LED on the bottom is orange and occasionally blinks but that is all.

Edited by jahnjo - 06 Dec 2017 at 12:27pm
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:25am
jahnjo, please post your specifications in your signature as I have, including BIOS and Windows versions.  Please do not use the AllInOne drivers.  Always get your AMD drivers here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
I use the right side - manually.  In my ASRock manual:
Off No Link Orange 10Mbps connection
Blinking Data Activity Orange 100Mbps connection
On Link Green 1Gbps connection
Spacing is a little off, but look in your manual.
It looks like you have a connection to the router, but not to the Internet.  I suggest you look inside the router and see what is going on or at lease reset it (Power Cycle).  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
jahnjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jahnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:27am
I jsut fixed my issue apparently i had all the drivers by I had to go into my router settings and allow my desktop to access the internet even though it said it was allowed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic