ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock P67 Pro3 not working with latest BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bojicha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock P67 Pro3 not working with latest BIOS
    Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 7:24pm
Hi. First sorry about my English not my native language.I have bought this MB P67 Pro3 4 years ago and worked fine untill recently I decided to flash the BIOS version because of SATA 2 controller problems. After I flashed it to BIOS to 3.3 I had several issues.1 My memory Corsar Vengeanse 1866 couldnt go higher than 1333 and CPU ratio was locked to 37 max ( if i manually type 45 it turns back to 37). I paired this MB with I5 2500k and for 4 years it was with average OC 4500-4600 mgh.So after the BIOS flash I cant OC it either manually or with turbo boost and memory is 1333 max. My mb is B2 revision maybe thats the reason for the problem . So I am asking if there is an working new BIOS or someone has an older version I would love to have it. Tried 3.3 and 3.2 ( 3.2 didnt even like the B2 rev )on my mb download page.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 9:43pm
You could try the beta 3.25 bios on your product page if none of the others are working for you. As a rule I always back up my current BIOS before I flash in case of problems like these so I can reflash to it if needed. If you are still having problems you can contact ASRock tech support and ask them to send you the version you were using before.

Good luck
weird_dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weird_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 12:55am
The B2 revision was recalled because of a chipset design error. The error can (will) cause the SATA 2 ports to fail after time. No BIOS update can fix this.

Also, the later BIOS don't work with the B2 revision, or so Asrock have told me. You need BIOS version 2.00

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Bojicha Bojicha wrote:

Hi. First sorry about my English not my native language.I have bought this MB P67 Pro3 4 years ago and worked fine untill recently I decided to flash the BIOS version because of SATA 2 controller problems. After I flashed it to BIOS to 3.3 I had several issues.1 My memory Corsar Vengeanse 1866 couldnt go higher than 1333 and CPU ratio was locked to 37 max ( if i manually type 45 it turns back to 37). I paired this MB with I5 2500k and for 4 years it was with average OC 4500-4600 mgh.So after the BIOS flash I cant OC it either manually or with turbo boost and memory is 1333 max. My mb is B2 revision maybe thats the reason for the problem . So I am asking if there is an working new BIOS or someone has an older version I would love to have it. Tried 3.3 and 3.2 ( 3.2 didnt even like the B2 rev )on my mb download page.

When you installed the 3.30 BIOS version, what version were you using before that?

If you never used 3.10, and you skipped ahead to 3.30 from a pre-3.10 BIOS version (such as 2.80, 2.60, etc) the problems you are having are caused by not installing the Intel IME software that is listed in the the 3.10 BIOS update.

I'm pretty sure you skipped the 3.10 update, since it looks strange, and it is unusual. That is the Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge compatibility BIOS update. I'm hoping the 3.30 version also contains the IME firmware update that is in 3.10.

Try installing the Intel IME software that is required for the 3.10 BIOS update, shown on your board's BIOS download page, to fix your over clocking and memory OC issues:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/P67%20Pro3/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Also notice on that download page the warning: After updating this BIOS, please flash newer versions only.

That means you cannot go back to an older BIOS version once you flash one of the version 3.xx BIOS. If you try that, you will brick your board and require a new CMOS/BIOS chip.

If you really want to use an older BIOS version, that will require a new CMOS/BIOS chips. But I strongly suggest you try installing the Intel IME software update in the link in the BIOS 3.10 entry.

Restart the PC as required, and then after it boots shut it down. Then clear the CMOS/BIOS with the jumper on the board, or the CLR CMOS button on the IO panel. After you do, restart the PC and go into the BIOS immediately. Go to the exit page and click Load UEFI defaults. If you have any BIOS options you must use, then reset those and then save and exit, but NO OC at that time!

After the PC restarts after the above steps, then try to OC in the BIOS again, and let us know what happens.
Bojicha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bojicha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 3:05pm
I was with 2.00 but after SATA 2 controller failed I decided to try BIOS flash. 3.2 and 3.1 didnt allow me to flash because of my rev so I went with 3.3. I described my issues with 3.3: no overclock and 1333 memory max so decided to reflash to an older version but my support page had only 3.3 3.2 and 3.1. Yesterday flashed with 3.25 Beta and now I cant even enter BIOS. Anyway since I know now that SATA 2 cant be fixed just gonna replace the mb. Ty all for your help
weird_dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weird_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 2:31am
You should raise the issue with Asrock, I did and they sent me a new BIOS version 2.

TheRealMaN_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRealMaN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 2:52pm
Does anyone solve this issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic