ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - No FAN DC Mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ati_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - No FAN DC Mode
    Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 4:46am
Hello,

I've recently put together a PC with the following ASRock motherboard:

ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac

Everything is working perfectly fine except for one thing, which is the ability to fan control the fan that is connected to the 4-pin Chassis Fan Connector. The motherboard has a total of two 4-pin Fan Connector's:

1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) * The Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
This connector is known as CHA_FAN1/W_PUMP.

1 x Chassis Fan Connector (4-pin) 
This connector is known as CHA_FAN2.

This motherboard is installed in a Cooler Master Elite 130 case. Now the fans that are included with the Cooler Master Elite 130 are not PWM so I want to run them in DC mode so I can control the fan speed. The chassis fan connected to to CHA_FAN1/W_PUMP can be switched to DC mode through the motherboard BIOS. But the chassis fan connected to CHA_FAN2 cannot be switched to DC mode and because of this I cannot control the fan speed. Is this working as intended or? The following fan is connected to the CHA_FAN2 connector:

Cooler Master A12025-12CB-3EN-F1

It's always running at full speed and I want to lower the fan speed. Should I just buy a 120mm PWM fan or?

Edited by Ati_ - 18 Dec 2017 at 4:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic