ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Locked to 1.5ghz when adjusting voltage pls help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Locked to 1.5ghz when adjusting voltage pls help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zschmitt95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locked to 1.5ghz when adjusting voltage pls help!
    Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 5:11am
X370 taichi, ryzen 1700 bios 3.2, 16gb g.skill 3200mhz cl14
Cool n quiet disabled
C6 disabled
Whenever setting voltage to fixed, or going to +0.10v on offset mode my cpu clocks down to 1.5ghz
No issues below this, can boot 4ghz at +0.09375 but fails stress test, 3.9 passes
So when attempting to add any more voltage to stabilize 4ghz I'm met with 1.5ghz
No temp issues, nothing in my system even makes it to 60 under stress. I'm lost. I've seen similar issues, but the fix was offset. Now offset stops me in my tracks at +.09375

And as close as I am to stable that +0.1 would probably do it :(

Edited by Zschmitt95 - 22 Dec 2017 at 5:23am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 7:31am
you have the cpu multibug

easiest option is to instal bios v 3.20a
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Zschmitt95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zschmitt95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 7:34am
If I'm already running 3.20 do I just reflash?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 7:44am
yes its a beta though not official release

its hosted on http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php

it seems this was the bios the famous chew was testing for asrock to fix the multibug issues

its been reported on the taichi thread to have cleared up the multibug issue
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zschmitt95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 8:32am
Will the new agesa 1.0.0.7 bios contain this fix when it comes out? If so I believe I'll just wait to keep flashing to a minimum. Don't love a beta bios that isn't even offered by asrock tbh

Edited by Zschmitt95 - 22 Dec 2017 at 8:37am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Zschmitt95 Zschmitt95 wrote:

Will the new agesa 1.0.0.7 bios contain this fix when it comes out? If so I believe I'll just wait to keep flashing to a minimum. Don't love a beta bios that isn't even offered by asrock tbh

Since the cause of the bug is known, why wouldn't it be included in the UEFI version that has the AGESA 1.0.0.7?

If you use the Instant Flash update method, I have never had a failure with an update. I install every UEFI version for my many ASRock boards, as I feel that is necessary as a moderator. I've never bricked a board or used a UEFI version that I found to be dangerous or unusable.

Some UEFI versions are classified as Beta simply to protect those users that update simply because a new version is available, without knowing if or why they need an update. Or they think an update will magically fix an issue they have because they read somewhere it would, without really checking into the situation.

Regrettably, as is generally recognized by PC hardware review websites, the Ryzen AGESA microcode is the ongoing issue with Ryzen. Yes it is an entirely new processor, but the microcode does not match the quality of the processors. It's also been said that AGESA 1.0.0.7 requires a major update to much of the rest of the UEFI code, with the obvious potential for new issues.

So it is good to be careful as you are, but the most important part of that is knowing what to expect and what may be involved along with an update, rather than simply installing a new version because it is available.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zschmitt95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 11:46am
That definitely makes sense.

And that's good to know. This is my first asrock board as well as my first decently new platform so I'm just getting used to these types of frequent updated.
I've never seen UEFIs on an alternate site like that so I wasn't sure if it was official or what the deal really was.

I had read that it was always good to update the UEFI with AGESA updates as they provide general stability and compatibility improvements. Which is why I only planned to update with AGESA versions or if I need something specific from the new bios which seems to be the case now.

So just to be clear the bios from the above link is safe? Like I said just not used to seeing it on alienate sites

I really appreciate all the info!

Edited by Zschmitt95 - 22 Dec 2017 at 12:02pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zschmitt95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 12:41pm
Got brave, brushed up on my German, and flashed.
Fixed in issues throughout.

Thank you guys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic