ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ab350 Pro4 - explain weird bios setting values

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4gvnsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ab350 Pro4 - explain weird bios setting values
    Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 2:17am
Hello,

I'm trying to fine tune my memory timings and most of the values are working fine but every time I try to change tRC, tFAW, tWR, and tRFC they do not apply correctly. Noticing to the right in the information section the available values are listed with letters such as 6h-2d etc. Can someone explain what that means exactly?
johndms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johndms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 2:31am
Have you updated the bios to the most recent version? I believe that's v3.30 at the moment.

Also, you're seeing these values on the OC Tweaker \ DRAM Timing Configuration page, right? That's where you should be editing timings, so if it's showing those odd values, update the bios.
4gvnsnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4gvnsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 2:41am
I have the 3.3. Bios yes. I have tried changing them in both pages individually and together but they will not apply correctly no matter what I do.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 3:43am
that 6h etc are just hex values
as for random timings...thats probably comming from geardown
4gvnsnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4gvnsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 3:48am
I have geardown disabled
4gvnsnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4gvnsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 12:17pm
Ok so that was my problem it was asking for hex values...found a converter and input the correct values and voila! Thanks for the help much appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic