ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BIOS Update for Spectre and Meltdown For Older MBs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Update for Spectre and Meltdown For Older MBs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCorrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
I'm also on Z77 and Z68, both Fatal1ty. I saw that Intel didn't release a microcode update for Sandy/Ivy, that means manufacturers can't do anything to update the motherboards. Perhaps if we send a lot of mails to Intel, to claim for updated microcode...
Tomkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:49pm
I don't believe that intel will give the microcode for Sandy- or Ivy Bridge CPU's to ASrock.
I don't believe either that ASrock will solve the Problmens that Intel is responsible for.
They build unsafe CPU's and give a sh** on their customers.

I think the only answer customers can give is to buy no more intel cpu's in the future.
With the Ryzen cpu's there is something we can use for Gaming.

Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
Zotac Geforce GTX 1070
I7-3770@4,2GHZ
16GB DDR3 1600
1 X Toshiba SSD 450 GB OS/Games
2 X PNY SSD 240 GB Games
1 X Samsung 1 TB   DATA
Graag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:57pm
https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/security-first-pledge/

"By Jan. 15, we will have issued updates for at least 90 percent of Intel CPUs introduced in the past five years, with updates for the remainder of these CPUs available by the end of January. We will then focus on issuing updates for older products as prioritized by our customers."

This says that Intel will produce updates for older systems but does not specify which ones.
ok2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ok2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:06am
haswell is less than 5 years old, and without it it would not be more then 90%. also thay mention remainder of cpus.

also for linux there is microcode avaible and covers pretty much everything

i really expect intel to release microcode update even for old q2c and motherboard manufacturers to update their bios.
bloodstainedsweater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodstainedsweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 11:40am
X99 WS checking in, and looking for bios update
friendlyfire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friendlyfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 11:33pm
Hi!

will there be a new BIOS for my Fatal1ty X99X Killer Board?

The new microcode has been rolled out on the  01/08/2018 by Intel as well:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27431/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File?v=t

Bye the way, do I have to update the Intel ME for X99? Does Asrock has any update tool for this out there?

regards

tsunami2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 5:29am
intersting how asrock has made no offical statment on this and seem to be silently doing update at random,

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.us.asp?cat=BIOS

still nothing on z170 boards from what i can see though i see some 1xx series being updated in there
SiliconTrigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiliconTrigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by tsunami2311 tsunami2311 wrote:

intersting how asrock has made no offical statment on this and seem to be silently doing update at random

Yes, that's unusual and not in a good way. The other manufactures usually have set up a dedicated website for Meltdown, Spectre, listing all the affected products and more information and links to the patches. ASRock releases patches 'on the dl'

On the upside, my B250-HDV got the firmware update today and is now fully patched Smile
2ndLastJedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndLastJedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 6:58pm
Here's hoping for Z170 patch soon .
Z170 Extreme 4 .
RendCycle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RendCycle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:03pm
A fix for the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard please.

Edited by RendCycle - 18 Jan 2018 at 11:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic