ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ab350 k4 system wont turn off after bios update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ab350 k4 system wont turn off after bios update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ab350 k4 system wont turn off after bios update
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:45pm
Dear All,

I have a Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4, ryzen 1600, gskill 3000, gtx 1070, all on Win 10 and all on default.
I have just updated bios to ver 4.30. Everything went fine but now system wont restart or shutdown normaly. When I press shutdown from win It shows restart/shuttingdown, monitor and hdd turn off, but the case fans are still working, as well as the rgb led on motherboard and on graphics card and then I have to hold the case power button to turn it off completly.
I have tried clearing cmos, turning fastboot in win 10 to off, hybernate to off, deepsleep is off, unpluging cabels from power supply. When I was updating I remmeber that on bios 3.40 it restarted just fine.

Anybody before complete win 10 reinstall (although I think it wont help) or reflashing to 3.40 (if it is safe ??? ) becouse this bios broke my system

ps. just to mention that system works just fine except for this
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:24pm
i suggest
enter bios load setup defaults save and exit
enter bios again and just save and exit
boot to windows run windows update 3 times

and see if anything has settled down

if after that you still have the issue
run the windows repair mode off your usb/installation media
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
aca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:30pm
tnx, will try and post back
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:37pm
hang on

did you update to bios 3.40 before updating to 4.30 ?

this is clearly written in red on the bios download page

it would seem the board requires a 'bridge bios' before trying to install this new agesa bios

it seems theres a lot of issues over the last few days with the new agesa bios releases

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
aca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:52pm
yes I did
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:53am
ok

well if its still not stable after (which may be the case with this new agesa)
i suggest the best option is as follows

use the DOS based flasher to revert to bios v3.00 (it seems dos is the only way to be sure to remove the later bios files properly) then instant flash to v3.20

aca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:34pm
Win problem, had to reinstall, win restore or reset didnt work

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic