ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No video on BeeBox N3150

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metramo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No video on BeeBox N3150
    Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 7:49pm
I acquired and installed 16 GB of DDRL3 ram and installed an SSD in my new BeeBox N3150.
I plugged in the power and tried to start up but there's no HDMI output it seems.
I expected to see a start-up screen with the BIOS but there's nothing.

When mounting I found the following items a bit tricky:
- Re mounting the box and getting the SATA cable in correctly without damage
- Mounting thte RAM, but they finally clicked into place

The PC will power (the buttong stys lit) up when I press the power button, and power down if I press it for a long time. It makes some noice when illuminated.

I tried connecting a HDMI screen to both HDMI connectors and also a Display port screen. Nothing.

I connected a usb mous, but no keyboard. Is a keyboard mandatory?

How would you recomment me to troubleshoot? 
Could a problem with RAM or SSD prevent the video to be generated?
RAMO
Dexxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dexxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 2:45am
I got the exact same issue. 
Booted up for the first time and theres no video.
Dexxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dexxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 5:24am
So i took mine back to the dealer and had it replaced with a new one. 
Got home installed the memory and ssd. 
SAME ting.
So apart from strugling to fit the ssd cable (who the hell tought of that fit ? ) i cant see what i am doing wrong.  I been building pcs for 20 years now and this shouldnt be a hard ting to do.....

Is it the Beebox N3150 that has terrible quality or am i (and others) missing something here ?
RtotheDizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RtotheDizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 11:32pm
Did anyone figure this out?

I have a similar problem. I installed all the components and was able to get to the BIOS once. The only thing I changed was the boot order. Since then I get no video output and the box just restarts every 5 min or so. I tried resetting the CMOS by shorting the two pads but it didn't change anything.
itanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 4:09am
Hi.
I have the same problem.
I installed 4GB (2x2) and msata ssd...at the first boot does not have video.
But when I remove the ram from the slot b (above) the beebox start with uefi.
The ram are identical but it start only with the slot a. No only b and not both.
I have reversed the ram without success.

I have already try to reinstall the uefi.

apparently it seems a problem of the sequence of post or the slot b is broken?!
Have you any suggestions?
RtotheDizzy try to remove the battery for 30 min to reset the cmos.

Edited by itanet - 21 Sep 2015 at 4:11am
RtotheDizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RtotheDizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 8:58am
I appreciate the suggestion itanet. No dice. I've been unable to get it to produce video output at all no matter what components I leave in or take out. I'm puzzled since it did work the first time.
Luuc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 9:54pm
Hi,

For me the same: no signal on HDMI, the ON-button lights blue but nothing seems to happen. What to do?

Regards, Luuc.
mech2375 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mech2375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:09am
Have any of you changed the settings related to CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in the BIOS?  I changed this from Legacy to UEFI and had similar results, a non posting machine.  It was recommended by ASRock to remove the CMOS battery (opposite side of board memory) for one minute to reset the defaults, then reconnect and power up. This worked for me.

As many of you have found, these Beebox N3150's are very finicky.  I attributed my complications to the failing custom SATA cable.  I had two of these and the SATA cable failed miserably on both.  One unit behaves pretty erratically, and the other stopped powering up, posting, and booting all together.  ASRock has redesigned the custom SATA cable with a right angle and it helps a lot with the installation of a 2.5" drive.  I can't say it is perfect, but if what I suspect is true about the old cable, a lot of problems may be avoided by this new cable.

If you haven't already requested a replacement cable from ASRock, I recommend you do so.  Supposedly, all that is necessary is sending them proof of purchase (an invoice).  If you too suspect a failed system, you should definitely request a replacement, pointing out that the SATA cable has failed (if it has).
itanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 5:13pm

Hi guys,
none of you solved the problem?
I bought a new RAM (the same model of the other) but I have not solved anything.
website kingston is comtatibile KVR16LS11S6 / 2 with n3150 beebox.

You have any suggestions?
There is no customer support from asrock?

thank you

ASRock Expert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 5:47pm
Check the AVL:
http://www.asrock.com/nettop/avl/Beebox%20Series.pdf
990FX Extreme 9 MOD P1.70
AMD FX 8120 4GHz 1.25V
Thermalright HR-02
Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
MSI R7970 TFIII 3GB
CORSAIR VX550W
LanCool K62 Dragonlord
ASUS Xonar D2X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>