ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No video on BeeBox N3150

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaymz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 5:24pm
I solved changing the hdmi cable, the same cable that I used until 1 week ago in other pc

Saluti
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:08pm
So the HDMI cable was causing the issue?

I would imagine it would be advisable to use the latest HDMI 2.0 cables with the Beebox. I don't have any HDMI displays so I haven't experimented with it but if a cable resolved the issue I suspect that could be where the problem arose. 
Nandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 6:03pm
I have similar problems with some of you.
1. The red SATA cable is too wide and not flexible to install my 2.5 inch SSD drive (or HDD). Can I cut it into 2 parts (long way) as seems it is 2 parallel cables fixed together. That would be more flexible like that. Or better to ask for replacement from ASRock?.
2. My BIOS worked well wit 2x8GB GSkill memory installed. I use HDMI cable. But booting Win7 64 was unsuccessfull. Freezing at Language select screen. May be as I have only 32 bit boot.wim and not 64 bit boot.wim (if that is important).
Then I solved the boot issue starting to upgrade boot.wim and install.wim with ASRock USB3 drivers, then start Win7 install on another (not Beebox) machine that has USB2 ports. So Win7 was OK for a while on the Beebox from  my SSD drive.
3. I tried to make a good bootable pendrive to install Windows normally (for any case next time), so I tried to improve my BIOS setup and install drivers from ASRock SUPPRT CD. I am not an expert in UEFI (although used to setup hardware etc. for several years for myself), so may be I made wrong things there, as after installing VGA driver (using Utility from Support CD, it needed to restart, my BIOS started to behave starangely. First in the boot order a pXIE or similar DRIVE appeared and later my SSD (with Windows on it) did dot show on Storage in BIOS. After several try my BIOS screen never comes to screen. But pushing F6, F9, F10 somehow Win7 was still BOOTING well from SSD. Then I have modified Windows to use better with SSD.
4. Descriptions about modifying wim files are not precise. That is why most have frozen screen during boot. What machine to use (32 bit or 64 bit), what boot.wim to use (32 bit or 64 bit) if we like to install a 64 bit Windows on Beebox (indexes are described though for Win 7 version selection). Is the motherboard important (should it be ASRock) or the USB3 chip type is important? etc.
5. BIOS screen never comes again and Win7 is seldom booting in spite the blue light is on. It is pity as I know much more to solve the problem, but I canot access BIOS (and mostly Win7) on my Beebox. How can I reset BIOS to original (factory) defaults that worked at the beginning? Someone written that it is where the RAMs are, but I canot see a usual CMOS battery there. Should we take off the motherboard totally or there is a more easy way? Like pushing a button (what Function key, the blue light button? and how long) during swich on or after? I do not like to make things that hurt warranty. I think we should not hurt it by any BIOS settings or should be a serious warning if still during selecting an option there.
So we have several issues, BIOS settings, using Utility software from Support CD and optimal setup of Win7.
But my number 1 problem now HOW to get back the BIOS startup screen after power on, so that I can use my gathered knowledge to improve the issue with fresh Win7 install on fresh SSD for Beebox N3150.

Any help appreciated.
Nandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 6:12pm
How to remove battery and how to shorten CMOS pad?
I do NOT have BIOS screen during startup, but when Win7 booting I see the screen well. So HDMI is OK in my case.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Nandi Nandi wrote:

How to remove battery and how to shorten CMOS pad?
I do NOT have BIOS screen during startup, but when Win7 booting I see the screen well. So HDMI is OK in my case.

The battery simply pulls.snaps out.

Shorting the pads, use a fittingly sized small flat bladed screwdriver. A pocket screwdriver. Remember to remove power BEFORE sticking a conductive object, screwdriver in this instance!, down into the box.
Nandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 8:21pm
Thank you, I know power off etc. but I do not know where to find them in Beebox N3150
-the CMOS battery
-the pad

It seems I have made something wrong in CSM (Compatibility Support Module) but the Support CD has the UEFI description in Chinese only and the UEFI chapter of the Manual also not clear (question mark ????  instead of exclamation mark!!!). So I like to revoke those settings. Now I think because of PXE opROM policy (what is it?) and Storage opROM policy (What is it?) I did not see my SSD among the list of boot devices (last time I seen only PXE there) and because of video opROM policy (what is it?) I do not see now anything in BIOS screens. During the process (after not seen my SSD but still seen the BIOS and could run Win7 was thinking to run the UTILITY from the support disk and the tab Return to UEFI, but no description what that means and if that would help my problem. May be it just mean I do not need to hit quickly a button (that I may miss) the Windows will not started, the system will go to BIOS directly without hitting DEL or F2. But that would be even worse for me as I could not see anything there because of wrong video opROM setup?
Nandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 7:51pm
Thank you I found the pad according to User manual page 6

But it is not clear how to make it.
1. Disconnect power source and uncover the box.
2. Shortcut the pad with a crewdriver that shortcut both pins of the pad. Do it for 10 seconds.
But DURING this shortcut should the main power be ON or OFF? pag6 indicating power should be OFF during shortcut.
In some other systems (like Dell) there is a jumper for shortcut and the power should be on during the jumper on
3. In some systems ESCD contained in the NVRAM. So there is an other jumper to clear the NVRAM.
Is that the case here? If yes, then
ESCD is not changing when clearing CMOS.
May be that is why for some of other people shorting the pad did not solve the problem?.
Or as the solution is different here sortcutting the pad (with power OFF) it also clearing ESCD (if any?)

What should I do?
Nandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 7:56pm
How did you shortcut the pad? Was the main power AND the blue button of the beebox ON or OFF during shortcut?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 8:56pm
Mains/power cord disconnected from the wall.

Short pads for 10secs
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Remember to remove power BEFORE sticking a conductive object, screwdriver in this instance!, down into the box.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic