FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

990 FX Extreme 3 + AMD FX9590

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 990 FX Extreme 3 + AMD FX9590
    Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by rfbbucci rfbbucci wrote:

Hey Guys, whats'up ?
I'm having some trouble with my  BIOS software. The thing is, I've updated the BIOS software using the ASROCK shop provided at the ASROCK website, and after doing this the software asked to reboot the system, and so i did.
The thing is, after that, the system do not boot anymore, and i receive that warning. 
My processor is really not suporrted? At the website says that it is!
What to do?

An FX-9590 might have been listed in your board's CPU support list at one time, but not anymore, sorry to say. Many (most!) AM3+ compatible boards are not able to provide the power needed by the FX-9000 series processors.

The specs for your board state it supports processors up to 140W, the FX-9590 is a 220W processor, way beyond the capability of this board's 4 + 1 Phase CPU VRM stage.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme3/?cat=Specifications

If you run a lot of CPU intensive tasks or CPU stress tests, it is just a matter of time before you'll start having problems with the board.

Can you get into the BIOS when that message is displayed? If so you could change to an earlier BIOS version. If not, you'll need a new BIOS chip or a different CPU, but not one of the FX-9000 series.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 1:04am
Sadly this is a known issue that caused quite a stink here on the forums. You can find more information here. Hopefully something in that thread will be of use to you. It is correctable but the solutions are sadly not easy fixes.
rfbbucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfbbucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 11:13pm
Hey Guys, whats'up ?
I'm having some trouble with my  BIOS software. The thing is, I've updated the BIOS software using the ASROCK shop provided at the ASROCK website, and after doing this the software asked to reboot the system, and so i did.
The thing is, after that, the system do not boot anymore, and i receive that warning. 
My processor is really not suporrted? At the website says that it is!
What to do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic