FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox-2 7200U 5.1 Audio How To?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox-2 7200U 5.1 Audio How To?
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 6:20pm
Dear BruceBanner,

Thanks for posting your query to ASRock forum. 

Referring your question about using HDMI to output sound through a adapter and using display port to output graphic, this should work,

however we have not tested our Beebox  HDMI port using adapters to connect to audio devices, so we still recommend user to plug their HDMI port to amplifier to have best experience while watching 4K with 5.1 channel sound.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 13 Jun 2018 at 6:20pm
BruceBanner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceBanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:49pm
I don't own this NUC, I am at my preliminary research. My question surrounds how I am going to manage 5.1 sound when the Bb is connected to my philips 43 inch 4k monitor (BDM4350).

Ok, so front audio port is only 2.0, headset kinda thing, gotcha.

There are no other audio ports except (USB obviously) and the HDMI 2.0, which I am assuming carries the 5.1/7.1?

Thing is, even tho the HDMI 2.0 could connect to the philips 4k 43 inch monitor and give 60hz/fps, the montitor itself is a fairly closed system, no audio out other than a headphone 3.5mm jack itself.

Clearly this Bb NUC was aimed at a real 4k TV that then had optical and analogue outs.

My thinking is this;

Could I use the Display Port from the Bb and connect to the 4k 43inch philips, then use an HDMI 2.0 cable, connect to the HDMI 2.0 port, take that cable into some kind of (cheap) powered adapter, whereby I can then convert the signal to analogue or optical out, which can then connect up to my 5.1 Logitech stereo system (which only has coaxial, optical and analogue inputs.

Can i then from the Windows Sound Control Panel specify the Bb to use the HDMI Audio, and even tho the display is using the Display port it will all work fine?

Am i barking up the right tree?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic